Franklin Tourney

Bobvark

Yea, I think CBHS would have won if they had all their varsity. They were missing both Marables, Simpson, Saint, Campbell, Alsobrook, and maybe some others. That's most of the better half of their roster. Nick would have pinned through, Mike would have pinned to the finals and won, Simpson probably would have made it to the finals, Campbell would have at least placed if he didn't make it to the finals, Saint probably would have made it to the finals, and Alsobrook probably would have placed. Considering they were missing that kind of scoring power, they had a pretty good showing.

Edited by best_of_the_west

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I think CBHS would have won if they had all their varsity. They were missing both Marables, Simpson, Saint, Campbell, Alsobrook, and maybe some others. That's most of the better half of their roster. Nick would have pinned through, Mike would have pinned to the finals and won, Simpson probably would have made it to the finals, Campbell would have at least placed if he didn't make it to the finals, Saint probably would have made it to the finals, and Alsobrook probably would have placed. Considering they were missing that kind of scoring power, they had a pretty good showing.

I think that's a very bold statement about the Marable kids. I'm sure their both very good but Williams and Meredith from Blackman are pretty good in their own rights! Meredith wanted to wrestle Mike badly, when he found out he wasn't there he was very upset. Is CBHS coming to the Brentwood tourney? Maybe they'll get to meet up there? I sure hope so, should be a very good match! :)

You are right, but I think Nick is going for 152, in which case he would have wrestled Billy West. Also, while Meredith is very good, I would give the advantage to Mike, based on the fact that he has already beat Cooper of Bradley and the Clarksville kid, who are both very good wrestlers. I'm pretty sure they will be at the Brentwood tournament the weekend of the 16th and 17th. It will be a match to watch.