Bradley Central

realdeal02

Bradley Central had a big celebration after beating the mighty Spartans in the finals of the Arby's classic this past weekend, because they are not used to winning the big games. I guarantee you fans that if White Station had won they would not have been jumping up and down as if they had won the state title. They would have taken the trophy and smiled and went back to Memphis. Had White Station won, there wouldn't have been 3 seperate headlines on coach.t regarding their third straight defeat of Bradley Central. Rest assure Bradley fans Courtney Pilgram won't miss those open threes again, and Reiley Ervin won't miss the from end of a one and one again, and that Prince will find a way to get it done besides great passes and blocked shots. The Spartans will be in better shape the next time they run off from Bradley in the first quarter, and just as in past years will keep the fans relatively quiet. Their won't be a team in the semi-finals of the state with as much talent as the team from Puerto Rico with a 7'3 big man that many don't realize is a future pro or a 7'0 beside that is being recruited by the likes of UCLA. So celebrate and bask in this victory because if these two teams meet again expect an all out war. Hope to see the rematch of what it feels like to avenge what a paper quoted as "Sweet Revenge" for Bradley Central.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realdeal, just give credit where credit is due. Bradley boys were celebrating because they KNOW they accomplished a feat that most teams are not able to do and that is to beat White Station. Instead of showing resentment over their excitement, you should feel proud. No, they wouldn't have been celebrating as much with wins over anyone else, because they beat the best. That is a compliment to the White Station boys. And you are right, Pigram will probably never shoot that badley against Bradley again, but Bradley's shooters shot horribly also. It happens. It says something of the defense that both teams threw out there.

Bradley celebrated and they deserved the celebration. They worked hard for the win and they deserved it. Give the Bears credit. They are one of the two best teams in the state. Now, you can think whatever you want about who is the best, but for now, I will say that these two are the BEST!!!!!!!!

TNWAREAGLE...I couldn't agree more. Let me say that I doubted that Bradley could pull off the upset...they did and now they have something to be proud of. Both teams are tremendously talented and I am just thankful they aren't in 2A. I can't imagine being on a bigger high than beating the #1 team in the state on New Year's Eve. Great Job...Bradley

1-800-WAAAAAH, realdeal02. I didn't have the privilege of being there, but I hope the Bears did a jig. I am not a psychic like you so I can't say what the Spartans would or would not have done, but maybe White Station wouldn't have celebrated because they can't remember how it feels to want something so desperately and finally get it. Perhaps they have begun to take things for granted. Again, I am not a psychic, but it's just a guess. Ultimately, we have two great teams here, teams of young adults who have every right to celebrate life's accomplishments, no matter which sensitive fan might get his feelings hurt seeing joy from an opponent. I bet the Spartan players handled the celebration just fine.

Hey RealDeal..............This was a quote from Douglas Fritz, sports writer in today's issue of the Johnson City Paper.

"The event that ended Wednesday night at Viking Hall in Bristol produced not only the best scorer in the tournament's history, but also one of the best-ever games. It's not a stretch to make an argument that Bradley Central's thrilling 60-55 win over Memphis White Station may have been at or near the top of the all-time list."

Even they thought it was a "thrilling" win and atop the all-time list. That's not reason to celebrate?! Obviously you didn't see the WS fans and the coach's wife going ape at the "Olympics" ........oops I mean the semi-final round against Puerto Rico.

You just keep thinkin whatever you want about BCHS basking in their glory if it make YOU feel better. And the BEARS will beam about their victory for as long as they wish.

:D

Edited by lesbearcat

How many times has White Station beaten B.C. since the state championship last year?

This was not their first meeting if I heard correctly...

can someone answer this question?

What difference does it make? BCHS won this one.

If you boast about your team or city, you will eventually get burned. All the Memphis boys that have been bragging the last couple of weeks would be wise to let BC enjoy this one. White Station needs to focus on their next game.

Do you like your crow fried or fricasseed?

Hey Fake Deal,

Bradley Central High school was winning State Championships before White Station High Scool even exsisted.So if anyone is the new comer,Its WS.Its not only our boys that are superior players -Our ladies have a fine history as well,Even Two national Championships for the Bearettes in 75 and 76.You know where the Best wrestling team in the state is?,BCHS,almost 100 State championships in the last 20 years in Individual and Team wrestling.We have had NBA ball players,Div-I coaches in the ladies and men.Numerous College Football,Basketball,Volleyball,Softball,etc etc etc,players.As well as famous actors,politicians and TV celebs.Ever seen the show Monster House???The Host of it is a graduate of BCHS.

The talent this small corner of the state has produced over the years in all sports is tremendous.And beating good teams or overrated teams is a tradition here and has been for well over 100 years.I showed this thread and your post to many people i know,They all got a huge laugh out of it,the same as i did..What a sore loser... :D