Region 8?

bobmarley

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you've seen from earlier posts, the wildcat invite was the winner in last year's longest tourney in the state contest. don't know any times. i'm updating my travel visas and plan on rolling out there around the middle of the morning for a few hours to cheer on my home boys.

question concerning the dragon v. devil tilt next tuesday - when bro. and dragon ryan tussle, which one takes home the bacon? will that figure into the dragon wizard's dome concerning matchups? and don't forget that coach b. can have his minions ready for a single match just about as good as any coach on the left side.

They are usually neck and neck from my understanding. I don't think Coach C. is worried about losing in team points. It would just depend on who wanted to wrestle Barnett for the challenge. I doubt he will let the little one go. It's not worth risking the knee. Besides, isn't Terrell Horton the G'town 135? He's not a bad little wrestler. Two weeks ago he bumps up to 40 and beats the 6th ranked kid in the state. This week he does it again, and gets injured. I betting Cullen wants to wrestle Barnett for seeding rights at the region tournament. Cullen already beat Scott. Maybe Jake Graham and Ben Sharp will be a good match. Maybe Jeff Hunt and the kid from G'town that placed at Father Ryan (sorry, can't remember the name right now) will have a good one, too.

I don't think Coach C. is worried about losing in team points.

interesting observation. can we all say, "bulletin board material".

have dragon 40 ryan and devil 40 andrew matched up before?

red prince o' darkness 35 is kenny fleming. had good matches at the call o' the wild tourney. parental unit of devil 40 andrew says he gets better with every match. prototypical good athlete learning to wrestle.

Yes, but Mustang 35 Wright should have beat him, but got caught while up 9-2. That wasn't intended to provoke, but we must admit that the Dragons are the favorite by quite a bit. The Devils ("Masters of the Dark Underworld of blah blah blah) are more talented than I expected they would be at preseason.

Edited by best_of_the_west

Yes, but Mustand 35 Wright should have beat him, but got caught while up 9-2. That wasn't intended to provoke, but we must admit that the Dragons are the favorite by quite a bit. The Devils ("Masters of the Dark Underworld of blah blah blah) are more talented than I expected they would be at preseason.

what is a "mustand"? and andrew jackson just whispered in my ear, "ask b.o.t.w. how many points is quite a bit?"

Hendersonville Invitational Results:

Team Scores:

1st LaRue County Kentucky – 262.5

2nd Germantown High School – 166

3rd Centennial – 159

4th Mt Juliet – 126

5th Hendersonville – 113.5

6th Maplewood

7th Beech

8th Pope John Paul II

9th Sullivan East

10th Oakland

11th Sycamore

12th Riverdale

13th Hume Fogg

14th Friendship Christian

15th White House

16th Greenbriar

Individual Results

112lb Dustin Smith Germantown defeated Lucas of Centennial 8-3 for 3rd place

130lb Greg Featherston of Germantown lost to Bogdan of Hendersonville 16-0 for 4th place

140lb Andrew Barnett of Germantown defeated Ireland of LaRue by fall for 1st place

152lb Robert Norwood of Germantown defeated by Stults of LaRue 4-0 for 4th place

160lb Ben Sharp defeated by of Burrell of LaRue 8-6 for 2nd place

171lb Steven Geyer tied Ojok of Riverdale for 3rd due to match limit