coach of the year candidates

PlayaHata4eva

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kent Smith @ Bradley Central hasn't lost in TN this year. He has maintained an excellent program over the last 7-8 years. Just because BC returned the starters intact doesn't mean it's easy. I would say he has done some oustanding coaching getting the team ready to go... and with the schedule they have played. It seems the starters and those off the bench are dedicated to the TEAM concept.

I have to go with speedyP on this one. Coach of the year award has to be looked at closely. The Owls only had 13 wins all of last year with a terrible coach at the time, but now, with the same group of guys, Baker has taken the Owls to a new level. He has many people talking about them going deep in the playoffs if they can start putting up a performance against the centrals and brainerds of the world. Either way Baker has the owls at 12-4 right now and that is only one win shy of last years total which they will match when they dominate Grace this friday night

My vote is with Walker Valley's new head coach Steve Moore. He is completely turning the squad around. He has put some OOHHs in the fans faces this season as he is what I would like to call a basketball mastermind. He has great offense and defensive plays. He will turn it all around. Just give him time. Players will be beggin to play for Coach Moore. I love you Coach.

It's really too early to decide this yet. The best coaches know that peaking your team in February is priority one, so the answer is still to come on this question. If I were a betting man, I would go with my usual favorites to accomplish this, Mark Eldridge at AC and Jody Wright at Fulton. Maybe the regional final could also decide coach of the year!

Even though my favorite coach around Jody Wright would not be on the list this year. I would say Alcoa's coach, I cant recall his name, but I now he is Marsh's kin. Also, Coach Eldridge would be up there, doing a lot with probably the smallest team in AA, Some girls teams have more size in the post then they do. South Doyles coach would be up there, even though he is blessed with great talent.

My worst coach would be Farraguts. He has the best talent in east TN and he still struggles, even though not like years past, but still Farragut should be undefeated and they are doing nothing but sliding off the top of the hill..