Miss Basketball 2004

salty

Wondering if it is too early to speculate about who might be the 3 nominees in each

classification.

AAA--Bullard, Clark, McMahan, Brooks, Newman, Buley, Buckalew, Uner, Broyhill, Lyons, Ogan, Spann.

AA--Hall, Beechboard, Hensley, Baird, Johnson, Brown, Bellamy, Leslie, Lee

A--Eason, Richardson, Snow, Hudson

DII--Baker, Easley, Liebschwager

Sure I have left an obvious choice off. Will apologize in advance. Don't yell at me.

I'll go with Clark, Beech, Richardson, and Baker. Right now.

But its still early.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In AA, Marissa Hensley should be as close to a lock as they come in my opinion. 3 State Championship rings, of which she started on all 3 teams, MVP State Tournament last year, all tournament in the state the year before, its not what you do in just one year that they should take into account it should be your whole career as she hasn't got all these stats against questionable competition, Jackson County has played and still does play one of the toughest schedules in the nation let alone the state of Tn, it easy to put up big numbers against weaker competition night in and night out, alot of the teams in AA play very few teams with winning records so its easier to look better on paper in my opinion. As for this year she leads one of the best teams in the state in just about every category, i know you can make an arguement for the other girls, but none have the accomplishements that Marissa does.

In AA, Marissa Hensley should be as close to a lock as they come in my opinion. 3 State Championship rings, of which she started on all 3 teams

Devilfanatic, she did not start as a freshman, but she was the teams second leading scorer coming off the bench. But I do agree with you that she is very deserving of the award. Of course I may hold a little bias. :D