Who has the most obnoxious wrestling fans in TN?

2-hand-headsnap

What a bunch of cry babies.

Wrestling is the toughest sport. But like any sport, emotions run high, esp if you have a deep connection with the participant ie. son, brother, coach ect.

On that note, sometimes fans get out of control. Isolated incidents should not mar a school's program. From Christian Brothers, to Ryan to Baylor to Soddy to Overton to Houston, sometimes fans act inappropriately. I've been around the sport for many years, travelled all over the place, and no one school sticks out in my mind, as a whole, as having horrible fans.

But the fans are part of what makes competition so great. You are not supposed to be "liked" everywhere you go. What fun would that be?

So instead of everyone getting rattled by this thread, you should realize that no matter where you wrestle, there will always be obnoxious fans. But for every 1 jerk, there are 100 fans who appreaciate the competiton.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks ye protest too much regarding fan bases. I think the protesters would likely kill to have the support of the pride-filled, obnoxious fan bases.

Obnoxious fan bases? I also am convicted the Univ of Tn would love to have Stever Spurrier for their head coach. The bravado he brings fits nicely.

There is no greater bravado than that on a wrestling mat. One individual carrying the dreams of championships. But he also carries the dreams of every fan that leans into the half he has just shot on the mat, pushing the fan next to him into the next and so on. And we die when, not defeated, but time runs out on the clock.

Wrestlers never lose, we just run out of time.

In my day, anything from Glencliff was better than anything from Antioch or Overton (our immediate rivals). And our fan bases followed suit. We had fan bases then. Politics (education) have done much to undo such healthy rivalries.

There is talk of undoing my right to free speech here (shutting down thread). Sad I think. It was your choice to read the thread, wasnt it? My advice is follow another thread. A thread will shut itself down, if left alone.

Until fistacuffs break out at matside between fan bases, I think a little pride is healthy. Being the best and believing in yourself is incredibly American. Or will you take that away too?

reftn