Who has the most obnoxious wrestling fans in TN?

2-hand-headsnap

i had to jump on here and take my jab at who the most obnoxious fans in TN are. i do agree that Baylor and their fans are very rude sometimes and also very obnoxious. claytor you say that they travel so well to many tournaments but guess what the well of usually are able to do that it goes for many private schools traveling so well! but i also did sit behind the Baylor fans at the McCallie tournament and they were actually pretty well behaved for the most part. just because they cheer for the wrestlers and complain on a call doesnt necessarily mean they are obnoxious maybe they just love their wrestlers and are passionate about the outcome of the match, and this is coming from someone that absolutely dislikes Baylor. i think all schools for the most part have obnoxious fans its a part of sports. since im a Soddy supporter ill throw Bradley in as the most obnoxious fans. B)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the problem claytormat, if you are a Baylor fan, you think all the booing and yelling makes you a good fan. If you are not a Baylor fan, it's obnoxious. Although I know that they have the biggest following in the state, that doesn't make them any less obnoxious. Good fans or not, the Baylor folks tend to drag on your nerves as the weekend goes by. Ask the people who's kids have wrestled against them. It's not a sign of good sportsmanship when a kid hears a roar of boos every time he scores a point. Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject.

Okay, I have spent some significant time thinking of who really should hold the title. I have to say that since I do not get to see enough matches that based on the post on this message board, it has to be Sommers.

Sorry Dave, that is as clever as it gets today. It was either nominate you or myself. I like you more for this one. B)

Your Friend,

Texas23

Irishdad,

Let me see,,,,If I recall,,,,,either one or two years ago,,,,,Father Ryan was in the State Duals and one of the Irish Lads threw an Irish fit and had to be restrained by an Irish coach.

Is that the correct picture? Someone help me out on this one. Please. B)

If you saw Big Manson lose in the McCallie finals you would have seen "out of line" though. He ran off the mat at almost a full sprint, slammed open the door to the stairwell, threw his headgear into the stairwell and started screaming. I know wrestling is emotional, because I am a wrestler too, but if your going to let your emotions take over, at least make sure you behind closed doors.

dragonwrestler - I have watched Tim Manson compete for the past 4 years and have somewhat gotten to know him and his family. I had to call your hand last week for posting erroneus information and I'm calling you on this also. Tim Manson is one of the most polite, classy young men that I have met. I think that Congressman Zack Wamp would agree since he has nominated Tim for admission to the Naval Academy. The stairway you described IS behind closed doors, it only goes down to an outside exit of the building. Anyone who shares the same comitment to wrestling as Tim knows the emotions involved when a big match doesn't go your way. Anyone who has watched Iowa wrestlers know that its not uncommon to run off the mat after the match concludes. I saw what you described and there was absolutely nothing out of line with his behavior.

As for the Baylor fans, I love their excitement and I think it adds to the atmosphere of the match. I sure hope they so up in force Friday and are as vocal as ever.

OK, Irishdad, I'll bite!

I think you just stepped over the line.

Let's go back to the State Duals about 4 years ago. Worst case of sportsmanship I have ever seen in high school sports! A Father Ryan wrestler takes a cheap shot to the throat of a Baylor wrestler out of bounds, under the scorers table, and neither one of the officials see's what has happened, and the Baylor wrestler has to go to the hospital.

If this is the kind of sportsmanship that Father Ryan teaches...I'll pass!

If one of the Baylor wrestlers had done something like this under Coach Worsham, he might not have made it back to the bus alive and would have been kicked off of the team. I also feel that Coach Morgan and Coach Van Deusen would have also dismissed a wrestler for such blatent unsportsmanship!

If you want to call Baylor's fans obnoxious, this is where it all started!

Tex, I do remember something like that.

BOTW, You are wise for your years.

Irishdad, No ones perfect. Even your beloved irish. I agree that they do have a first class program and coaching staff. Just like many others in the state.