Who has the most obnoxious wrestling fans in TN?

2-hand-headsnap

walkenvol,

I like your post and defending the young man. I was not there.

However, the process for nomination to the US Naval academy is typically a proactive move by the potential candidate, not coming from the US Representative. It is reviewed by the US Representative and then nominated by them to the Academy for final decisions.

So I am not sure that name dropping helps your argument, but it sure shows that the young man has the right stuff!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walkenvol, I'll agree with you on the Manson thing. He had an emotional match, and he still shook Cleveland's hand. I could see him getting mad in the hallway, and I saw him slam the door, but I don't think it was totally out of line. It definitely wasn't the most blatant display of poor sportsmanship I have seen. It was pretty mild and not all that bad. Anyway, this thread is about the fans. I know you are a peace keeper, but I think that the rivalry and mutual respect between the McCallie and Baylor programs make you ineligible for this one. It's hardly a coincedence that almost everyone picked the same school. Of course some will defend Baylor. This thread should be for fun, not to offend people. In fact, I'm sure that some of the Baylor fans take pride in the title. It's like the Dog Pound at Cleveland Browns games. They love to cheer, no matter what anyone says or thinks.

texas23 - you don't know what your typing about except that the candidates initiate the process. A Congressman has hundreds of young men and women inquire each year. The application process, academic requirements, medical review and reccomendation process eliminates the vast majority of the applicants. This year over 100 candidates made it to the interview process vying for the 3 nominations allowed for the entire East TN district, I would say that reflects very highly on young Mr. Manson.

Walkenvol.,

I know exactly what I am talking about. Exactly.

I know the details of the process, trust me I do. I could have named all the process and bored you with the details, but why?

My point was this (maybe you could re-read my post, un-edited by me) you did not need to name drop to make your point. Period.

I believe that I said that it showed that he had "the right stuff". In my book, that is a positive remark about this talented wrestler.

I would prefer to see Big Manson leave the gym to let off some steam rather than do it on the mat.

It appears to me that many are confusing passion as being obnoxious. Yelling and screaming for your kids is part of the passion that wrestling brings out in many people.

I doubt that any one school boos more than any other on the average but our perception makes us believe it sometimes.

OK, Irishdad, I'll bite!

I think you just stepped over the line.

Let's go back to the State Duals about 4 years ago. Worst case of sportsmanship I have ever seen in high school sports! A Father Ryan wrestler takes a cheap shot to the throat of a Baylor wrestler out of bounds, under the scorers table, and neither one of the officials see's what has happened, and the Baylor wrestler has to go to the hospital.

If this is the kind of sportsmanship that Father Ryan teaches...I'll pass!

If one of the Baylor wrestlers had done something like this under Coach Worsham, he might not have made it back to the bus alive and would have been kicked off of the team. I also feel that Coach Morgan and Coach Van Deusen would have also dismissed a wrestler for such blatent unsportsmanship!

If you want to call Baylor's fans obnoxious, this is where it all started!

Lets see the question is about the fans...not the wrestlers. But if you want to talk about the wrestlers lets go...Name the Ryan wrestler. and convivnce me that you are the only one that sees this no officials, parents or coaches. You insult, a great coach, Pat Simpson by even suggesting that he would allow that to happen and let it go. I will also call BS on the fact that the wrestler needed the attention of a hospital. Did he go from the match? If so how did this go unnoticed?

Sportsmanship...please...Baylors wrestlers rarely shake the other coaches hands..they do not control their emotions and the parents and alum's are obnoxious as h*ll. Please save your Ryan bashing for the appropriate string.