Most Annoying PA announcer

rvd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very intersting thread. I haven't thought about it much, but an announcer is a big part of the game (at all levels). I've been to some JV and freshman games that don't use them and it is VERY boring and quiet. Anyway, about the 5th personal foul thing... as a fan, I want to know if it's his/her fifth foul and if they're out of the game. Some fans (my girlfriend for one) don't know that, if you get your 5th foul you're out (the rule book actually says that "the player is disqualified from further participation in that game". What does everyone think about this? Keep up the good posts.

I've not been to many NBA games, but have been to alot of college games as well as high school, and almost all of the home announcers ham it up a little for the home team. I like it, it adds to the experience. Even if an announcers call makes you mad, at least it makes you something, and that's ok. Remember in Jimmy V's "don't ever give up" speech he said being moved to anger was part of a good day. As long as the announcer isn't talking during free throws or cheering over the microphone, it's all good. I think you guys were probably more upset at the guy fouling out than the announcer saying it. Announcers are fans, it's a fact. They are not referees who need to be neutral. Do you expect them not to have a louder, more cheery call for the home team during introductions, of course you do! The game is no different. Let's move on.