State Duals format

BayouBear

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reviewing the results of the DI Region tournaments, it occurs to me that it is completely unfair to allow only the DI Region winners into the State Duals while allowing three DII Region 2nd place teams and two DII Region 3rd place teams into the State Duals.

I am not saying the field for the DII tournament should be fewer teams.

Give me a break. You know what unfair is? Father Ryan, Baylor, McCallie, Christian Brothers, MBA, and Notre Dame all competing for the DII championship. While the DI will only be between Bradley and Soddy. MUS may not be very good at all, but that's the nature of the beast. I don't think any DI schools will be too upset that they don't have to get through the previously mentioned DII teams to get a championship.

Oh, I love the competition. I'm just sick of hearing DI people complain about that stuff. Until we are one big happy division again (which won't happen), we will always have this problem. I have nothing against DI or DII. I'd love to see an All-Star Tourney. This weekend will be great.

This whole division thing is getting tiresome. For anyone to assume that there are no differences and that we should all be one happy family in one grand division is crazy. You can't tell me their are no differences between public and private schools. For that matter, how can it be fair for schools with 2000+ students to be placed in the same division as schools with 300 or fewer students. I think you guys are wrong, thier needs to be more divisions to level the playing field so we don't see the same schools all the time.

Large/Small school should be determined by population percentage among the state. If your school falls in the lower 50% of population per school, it would be in the Small division. If your school falls in the upper 50% of population per school, it would be in the Large division. That way it would accomodate for growing populations of schools over the years throughout the state.