AP Poll

texas23

ok, i'll ask. why doesn't bradley, mccallie and baylor ever get it on? left side d1's and d'2's do and it could only help the sport in other parts of the state if they would? by the way, i don't have a dog in the fight but why? when someone answers, i'll speculate on their reason. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uncfan13,

I've listened to your cutting little comments in silence for quite a while now without comment.  Anonymous cowards rarely receive my attention.  However now, you are presuming to know not only me and my thoughts, but also that I would use a phrase such as "by god". 

Have we met?  I seriously doubt it.  My name is Steve Logsdon.  Care to share who this is who so boldly slanders me and my program from under some rock somewhere?  How about standing behind your words, friend?  I'm in the phone book.  I'll await your clever avoidance of the question....

Steve Logsdon

Here is one good example of why BC is number one today and has been for a number of years.

They are not always just "talking about it" they are into "being about it," and obviously Steve can and will face anyone out there in words, or I may I suggest on the mat, even at 38.

HE MAY NOT APPRECIATE THIS, BUT I BELIEVE CAN BEAT ANY WRESTLER IN THE STATE; JUST LIKE HIS TEAM CAN BEAT ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE STATE.

Again he is into being about it.... "Actions speak"... louder than words and his words certainly wouldn't include God's name in vain either.

Way to go Steve and thanks for showing everyone the power of "not hiding identity." God luck on finishing with one of your greatest teams over your career, in my opinion.

By the way, who are all of you in this thread?

I'm always looking for clues and I have figured a few out, but it helps me understand you better if I know who you are and from what school affiliation.

My e-mail address is adsom@comcast.net,,,

I would like to confirm sly, TEx, BofW and a few others. I will keep the info confidential once it is verified, otherwise I'll have to quess based on personality and the nature of your opinions.

Dave Sommers or soms

Edited by Sommers

If I were in Bradley's shoes, I would be real, real careful in match with McCallie. You may get out there and prepare and then they bring their JV team or forfeit several weights. How would that prepare your team for the post season?

Who is McCallie wrestling this week, Collins Hill?

soms

ok, i'll ask. why doesn't bradley, mccallie and baylor ever get it on? left side d1's and d'2's do and it could only help the sport in other parts of the state if they would? by the way, i don't have a dog in the fight but why? when someone answers, i'll speculate on their reason. :lol:

BC is not going to take on teams they feel aggressively recruits (or "have" recruited) wrestlers other D1 programs have developed.

It's sort of like our government taxing a percentage of every dollar once, i.e., young talent, and again once the remainder of that dollar matures in savings it is taxed again as income, and again when used to purchase and one more time when the purchased item is willed to their children. Then these same dollars are used to provide income to others not willing to put forth the work to develop their own skills, i.e., young wrestlers, and provide a good living (or success) for themselves. This can be frustrating if one should take inventory of their losses to the advantage of others.

Should a % the hard work (investment) of a coach be taken each year by the private schools and then used to work against them?

When I was at Hixson years ago we lost half of our stud wrestlers and football players to private schools. I, nor my brothers were not a part of this exodus obviously (usually the red 1st and the blue 2nd benefited from Wildcat talent then). A couple of years before, Gordon was fortunate to keep the Tom Popp's, Randy Batten's and others to become the #1 team,,, with ALL SCHOOLS (public or private) involved in the mid-seventies.

I'm not sure how much of that happens today, but it has made a few coaches angry as certain key investments were tapped into like Uncle Sam.

soms

Sommers, So you don't go off the deep end........No I'm not brickhousechick nor do I know who brickhousechick is but I like the way he/she thinks.

Brickhousechick knows as much about BC as you do. From what I have seen you both think very much alike, but your moods and agendas may vary.

Maybe you guys should meet sometime. Both of youin's sound male however.

soms