Individual Wrestlers at state duals

noonesfool

BOTW - I agree with you on the freshman. They are young and often emotional to the negative & positive. We've had the tantrums and the over excitement for years. As the boys have matured, they expect to see the younger guys over react one way or the other. The upper classman try to help the younger guys along, all we can do is pray that they all grow into good sports!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, lets be honest. Simpson did a poor job preparing Dunning from what he would face against Baucke. I mean seriously could he not see the track shoes that Baucke had on. I think the score may have been different if Dunning had his track spikes on. How many people can sprint in wrestling shoes? :) This leaves me with a question. Is Baucke a cornerback? He is great at backpedalling. There were three stalling calls in that match. One of which actually helped Baucke. He was being chased down when Dunning came in with a mean headthrow. The official actually said bad whistle before awarding Dunning one more stalling point. (FYI: Dunning didn't give up a takedown. He let him up three times.)

I seem to remember Dunning as a FRESHMAN wrestling 112 when he wasn't anywhere near the size. He also took quite a few beatings as well. No one has mentioned that yet. Maybe because he was a "Freshman".

Keep an eye on Bauke. I believe as he gets older, just like Dunning, we will be talking about the beatings he is putting on other kids.

P.S. Deos anyone remember a freshman Dunning wrestling Jordan Leen??

I have a thought on CBHS, the Marble brothers are much poorer sports than I expected from a fine program like the Purple Wave's. I heard from several of the Ryan wrestlers that they recieved nothing but negative (even vulgar) comments from them while shaking hands. I can understand being angry about losing and having a team forfieting out to you, but that was just unnecessary.