Top 4 for each weight in Region 7

Bulldogs76

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle:

103 pounds:

First place: Shelton (Kenwood) 16-4 maj dec Alex Bogdan (Hendersonville)

Third place: Aaron Bird (Northwest) pins 5:20 Bruce Braden (Mt Juliet)

112:

first place: Nick Bundy (Hendersonville) pins 3:26 Matt Shoemate (Kenwood)

third: Ryan Murtha (Northwest) pins 2:24 Maxx Yates (MtJ)

119:

1st: Sammy Cox (Kenwood) 21-8 maj dec Steven Cook (Cheatham Co.)

3rd: Billy Plunk 7-6 dec. Ryan Rector (Northwest)

125:

1st: Justin Tisdale (Beech) pins Justin Shanes (Hendersonville)

3rd: Cliff Gibson (Clarksville) 13-9 dec Landon Isbell (Mt J.)

130:

1st: Bill Seaman (Mt J) 18-7 maj dec Dennis Bogdan (

3rd: Eli Cox (KW) 13-3 maj dec Matt Kautz (Clks)

135:

1st: Daniel Brooks (Clks) 23-5 tech fall Jim Keinert (Beech)

3rd: Justin Williams (Cheatham Co.) dec. 5-2 Kyle Duckworth (Sycamore)

140:

1st: Kyle Clark (Springfield) 13-5 maj dec John Gannon (Rossview)

3rd: Nathan Hurt (Cheatham) dec 12-9 David Carter (Hendersonville)

145:

1st: Luke Sanders (Montgomery Central) 18-4 maj dec J.T. Gordy (Sycamore)

3rd: Jacob Fox (Harpeth) wins by injury forfeit George DeJesus (Rossview)

152:

1st: Jose Espinosa (KW) 15-8 maj dec Sam Hebda (Clks)

3rd: David Johnson (Rossview) pins 1:07 George Alston (Northwest)

160:

1st: Tom Minwell (Clks) 14-4 maj dec Clark Evins (Mont. Central)

3rd: Ty Knight (Syc) 11-7 dec Nathan Mollman (NW)

171:

1st: Jim Weakley (Clks) pins 3:13 Mark Chinetti (NW)

3rd: John Garza (KW) 3-2 Lee Waldrop (Cheat Co)

189:

1st: Tim Pease (Clks) injury default Charteir Baker (KW)

3rd: Jon Trevor (Beech) 9-2 Thomas Murphy (Rossview)

215:

1st: Stanley Brooks (Dickson Co.) over C.J. Rouse (Rossview)

3rd: Clark Clements (Syc) pins 2:35 Brian Morris (Mont Cent)

275:

1st: Zack Suggs (Syc) 2-1 2OT Nathan Jones (Clks)

3rd: Vance Williams (Northeast) pins 3:25 Chris Gibbs (Cheat Co.)

Baker refused to wrestle Pease in the finals. Kenwood had guys crying all day long. Everytime you saw them wrestle they were hurt or thier coach was talking to the refs so they could recover. Baker was crying about his back and would not wrestle Pease! Funny how last year Wade Hadley had a broken back and a dislocated shoulder and he didn't let that stop him from wrestling Baker in the finals and WON! Kenwood won several matches again by not wrestling. Just ask Rossview's 130 who lost on a unnessary roughness call that was B.S. to start with. Kenwood's coach told cox to wrestle and the Rossview kid lost. The whole gym in Dickson was against Kenwood because of thier poor sportsmenship and lack of values. If I had to win that way I would rather not wrestle.

Baker refused to wrestle Pease in the finals. Kenwood had guys crying all day long. Everytime you saw them wrestle they were hurt or thier coach was talking to the refs so they could recover. Baker was crying about his back and would not wrestle Pease! Funny how last year Wade Hadley had a broken back and a dislocated shoulder and he didn't let that stop him from wrestling Baker in the finals and WON! Kenwood won several matches again by not wrestling. Just ask Rossview's 130 who lost on a unnessary roughness call that was B.S. to start with. Kenwood's coach told cox to wrestle and the Rossview kid lost. The whole gym in Dickson was against Kenwood because of thier poor sportsmenship and lack of values. If I had to win that way I would rather not wrestle.

You are really annoying. All you ever do is talk bad about other schools. I'm sure Coach Cobb does not appreciate it.

Oh I can talk good about other schools as well! Let's see Region7 was not dominated like the past years. There was a good mix this year. I was most impressed with Chaetham Co. Those kids never quit. Beech had several good kids. I thought Mt. Juelt would over take Kenwood. But Kenwood just bugs me! If you saw them all the time you would understand as well.

Toobadsosad

Eli Cox was injured in the match against Rossview. When injured a wrestler and coach has to decide if the wrestler can continue without risking further injury. It is an amazingly bad coincidence when the same wrestler is injured twice in 3 weeks. Eli was in the same situation in the Semi's yet again another illegal move. This time he was not injured. He could have taken a "dive" as you suggested he did in the second round and guarenteed himself a place at state. What were the scores of the two matches where Eli was injured. A wrestler with 49 wins has no reason to take a dive.

Baker injured his back in round 1 up 15-1. If you recall he had to be carried off the mat in round 2 after pinning a guy in :50. The didn't get better through the night. He "stalled" his way to a 17-1 tech over Rossview again needing again to be helped off the mat. Once his trip to state was secure there was no reason to wrestle Pease. Pease has beat him twice when he was healthy.

TOOBAD, JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU MUST BE A ROSSVIEW OR CLARKSVILLE FAN! YOU BOO KENWOOD CAUSE THEY ARE GOOD! THE ROSSVIEW KID JERK ELI COX'S LEG THE WRONG WAY AND DID IT ON PURPOSE! YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND NOT POP OFF! I HAVE BEEN WITH KENWOOD 7 YEARS AND I AM GETTING TIRED OF THE PEOPLE BADMOUTHING US! ROSSVIEW FANS WERE CLAIMING THAT BAKER WAS STALLING IN THE MATCH AGAINST THE ROSSVIEW 189! NOW HOW CAN YOU STALL AND BEAT A KID 17-1? TOOBAD, I WILL BE AT THE STATE TOURNEY IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOOK ME UP! MY NAME IS COACH MAC AND YOU CAN FIND ME! I'LL BE THE ONE ROOTING THE LOUDEST AGAINST YOU AND YOURS! MASTERS WAS NOT BYING TIME FOR HIS KIDS! HE WAS ASKING SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT RULES INTERPRETATIONS!

SINCERELY,

COACH MAC!

I sure would like to see this board used for something productive instead of constantly seeing people bash Kenwood's coaches and wrestlers. Congratulations are in order to several of there wrestlers, including Eli Cox and Chartier Baker. Both wrestled well enough to qualify and should not be trash talked for it.

I would also like to congratulate Clarksville High on winning yet another Region 7 title (thanks largely to an underappreciated Daniel Brooks). Northwest also had a good showing, sending 6 of their 9 wrestlers to the state tournament. Good luck to the 30 from Clarksville going to the state tournament.