Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

Rockwood goes to Coalfield and comes away with a 'W' 15-1. Gilmore pitched extremely well for Rockwood, going the distance and picking up 16 K's. He actually recorded every single out with a strike-out.

Rockwood travels to Rhea County tomorrow for a JV and Varsity game. The games start at 5, but I'm not sure if JV or Varsity is first...

Go Tigers!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 how's the bats coming around. Whats some BA's so I can have a good idea. Ouside of our top 5 it gets a little rough for us. I'm 5/8 .625, Trae is 4/6 .666, Caleab Moore is 4/8 .500, and Gene is 4/8 .500 and Torey is 3/8 .375. Hey I'll e-mail you about the summer ball thing.

Hack#3

That's a lot of strike out's. Looked like the Cold day and Gilmore made for some cold Coalfield bats.

It wasn't pretty by the top of the third. Too cold and I left. Bright spot was Ricky Lowe smashing a homer in the top of the 1st at about 350 feet over the left field fence. He stroked it. Other than that, it was cold a the Lion's Club Park with the fans going pretty strong.

Rockwood looses at Rhea County, 3-5. Rockwood played a good game. At the end of 5, Rhea Co was ahead 3-2. Rockwood comes back in the top of 6 to score one and tie the game at 3-3. In the bottom of the 6th, blue (young and inexperienced) blows a call on a run down. Calls Rhea Co runner safe, should have been 3rd out. Rhea Co scores 2 runs after the blown call to make it 3-5. Rockwood unable to score in the top of the 7th.

I don't like to blame losses on umpires, but this was one game in which a blown call was detrimental. Hats off to the Rhea Co team. They played a good game; so did Rockwood, but we just weren't able to score in the 7th to keep the game alive.

RHSfan