8AA

zachsdad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb has 4 seniors and 2 juniors from the 2002 NSA 16U National Champion Nashville Eagles returning to support Megan Rhodes. Libby Manning the teams leading hitter as a freshman two years ago is also back with the team this year. For the last two years 8AA has sent two teams to the state, don't be surprised if it's a three-peat.

I think Lipscomb can do it.

Get a couple runs on the board and have a few people who can catch the ball just in case it is hit. Plus Coach Davis is an awesome coach.

Greenbrier is good, but don't underestimate my girl Megan. :D I saw her do amazing things over and over this summer on the mound and in the batters box. And even in the outfield. (lol... Swa) B)

I think if Lipscomb does win state that Megan should do a little dance for the fans. You haven't seen dancin till you see her dance. lol B)

bem71957,

Players come and go, but teams stay on the radar because of consistency in the program. Coaches Davis, Knott and Swang are a class act. They teach the game of softball well, run extremely efficient practices, never bend or break the rules, and teach the players to win and lose with class. I expect Lipscomb will be on the radar screen for a long time.

:lol:

yes they do run a good program but they still have to have talent and that is drying up in hurry. the only reason they made it to the state last year was because of Megan. when she's gone, sorry, but it's all over unless they come up with someone else of her caliber and i don't see it right now.

I coached at Lipscomb in the mid 80's, Coach Davis took my place and has had a great program since then. All of the girls that play at Lipscomb now where not even born when Coach Davis took over the program. We had good programs when I was there and Coach Davis came in and just made it better. Lipscomb will always be a force as long as Coach Davis is there.

Bem71957 - I think you are underestimating the other girls on the team. I can attest to the hard work many of them put in. Last year there were some young players in key positions that a few of them had never even played before. I wouldn't say the talent is drying up because I believe in what Lipscomb's coaches can do. Besides, I don't want to let you forget that Christine Davis is a hard worker who I believe is going to turn some heads this year. She's gonna be around for awhile too.

Basically - quit bashing my team

;)

Megan

i'm not saying that the other players are all bad but i don't think they are the level of talent that there has been in past for the most part. and i know who is coming up over the next few years and there is just really not that much there anymore but that said, there can always be some surprises. i'm not bashing the team at all; i know they are very well coached. just trying to make the expectations a little more realistic.