Sanders and Davis who really won

Hodg-E2

Building a team from middle schools is no doubt the best way keep a program strong.But show me where it is typical for a head coach to just simply step down..don't think so..Jon Hill is a fine man and a great coach..and was done wrong by some parents at Franklin...if you want to ignore that or the parents that sorta got the shuffle started don't want to admit it thats fine as well...But there is not a head coach on this board that has simply step downed as head coach just for the reason of rebuilding....CARMA is what happened.....bottom line!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have me confused with someone that does not like Jon Hill!

No one is saying any of this is Jon Hill's fault, because it is NOT!

Coach Hill is to be commended for all the hard work that he has done with the varsity boys and the JV/Freshman @ Franklin. He was at a peak of professionalism as a coach & role model, when he was mat side with Coach Welder & Gillespie challenging the score of this match. I was so proud of him, because he was NOT making a scene like some others in that area.

The Franklin program has been growing very rapidly and two coaches could no longer handle all the athletes, so a decision was made to bring in a third coach. Jeremy Welder was selected, how fortunate for Franklin to have a 2 time National Hall of Famer in their midst.

4 years ago they had this building allocated to Wrestling, the number of athletes continue to grow and will have 20+ freshman coming in next year. They only have 4 graduating seniors. More space will be needed to accomodate the program.

You can say what you wish, but this team of coaches and the roles they have chose to play with this program is their business and as long as the program is winning and growing - who cares! They have all done a great job continuing to build a winning program @ Franklin.

Nance...that is incorrect.

TSSAA and other state associations agree to what the National Fed lays out. From time to time they will allow individual states to experiment (i.e the addition of a 215 lb weight class). But once the Federation adopts it, it is an across the board addition to the rules.

TSSAA can no more pick and choose what they will and wont follow from the National Federation than member schools within TSSAA can choose what they will follow within TSSAA.

The National Federation is bringing the weight control measures soon to TSSAA. We cannot opt out of that and remain within the NFHS.

reftn

Sorry...it is KARMA...lol....my bad.....I don't think the coaches chose the roles...the parents laid them out!!!!!....I reckon programs like Soddy Daisy and other big programs recommend their head coach to step down to school the small ones....come on everyone knows what happened....just ain't right!....enough said!

You oviously don't know the principal at Franklin High School if you think a parent can influence coaches position there. I feel it was in Coach Hill's best interest that he was not in the corner during the match in question. He was there after it finshed to assist Coach Welder and Coach Gillespie. Coach Hill stepped up for his team this year by staying on as the assistant coach . All high school coaches know it is a great responsibility to run a growing program without much school and financial support. Franklin has growing pains in wrestling. What a great problem to have.

As has been stated before, the Davis/Sanders match has nothing to do with which coach sat in the corner. They are all qualified to coach.

Edited by nywrestler

So why would it be in his best interest??????not to be in the corner.....reckon the parent of the one wrestling had anything to do with it???...and then you say he stepped up by staying on as an assistant,,??????why would he have to step up if he was the head coach?.....come on..give us a break....he was railroaded...plain and simple.He was coaching and stepped on some toes!The Principle is like all others..they go with the flow instead of backing their coaches.