New players to watch,Who are they?

Ah!!!DoggieBonez

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These arent new players, but they are players that everyone needs to watch out for and that is Ashley Bain, April Richards and Ashley Alverson, all from walker Valley they are on there way to the state, your looking at best of the prep, and best defense and overall players, they are not ones to be forgotten. These girls want it and they will have it. You are looking at a pitcher and catcher that have been together for 7 years. And they will let anyone know it. They will go along ways and they have the brightest future around. Good luck girls in the state and god bless from your home. :lol:

hey guys........... i wanted to say just a tad bit more about the freshman at soddy!! there are 9 freshamn on the 13 person roster!! and one of the most impreesive one is nikki waters (the pitcher) she has had 3 perfect games and 5 no hitters and shes only a freshman...... and then there is katie blevins(who has like 12 homers)... and then lyndsey stiles(who has TOO many steals) and kelby jones, amanda johnson, megan walker, emily hutchins, casey fairbanks, and several others..... i think they will be great in the upsoming years, b/c there are no seniors on the team so everyone will be back :D

Three teams around here had good freshman pitchers. Kaitlyn Gilbert was a 9th grader for Bledsoe, pitched there the last 2 years after pitching for Sequatchie in 7th, had an ERA of around 0.75 last I saw and nearly pitched the team to the sectionals. They barely lost to Walker Valley, who I think has provem themselves to be a good team. Sequatchie had a pitcher who needs some work but will be pretty good before too long IMO, Samantha Kilgore, ERA of about 1.25 but didn't get a whole lot of innings, around 40. Grundy's pitcher is Cassie Kilgore, I believe they are cousins but don't know how distant. Don't know her stats but she had some good performances especially when Grundy's defense made the plays. And before anyone says anything, none of them has proven as much as freshmen on big teams like Waters and Blevins but that's not the point of this post or the thread.

An underdog team to watch out for next year would have to be Ravenwood. This 2005 season will be only their 3rd but it will be their first to have a full roster varying from freshmen to finaly seniors. Im not sure about names yet, but there are 2 "A" ball pitchers coming in as freshmen, not including a few utility players. Then you will have starting freshmen from this year completing the middle innie's postions and everywhere else your upcoming juniors and seniors. They will have 4 great pitchers and a heck of defensive team. Maybe not the strongest start but someone to watch out for in the years to come. *friend of meg12*

Someone better be watching out for Dickson County's catcher this year. (Freshman will be a Soph) From what I hear she is an all around ball player and was sorta held back by her coach this year but when we played them she was catching and was awesome. We played Dickson twice and got beat twice and one time was because of a hit she had. I found out that they lost their Senior catcher but will have no trouble at all filling that position as long as she is in the shadow. I have went back through our scorebook and I think her name is B.Stuard (#7) and with her and Myatt pitching we all better be watching out for Dickson. Good Luck to all the High Schools in our District. From a Clarksville parent I wish everyone the best.

Players to watch out for:

Stuard - Dickson

Elrod - Clarksville

McWherter - Henry Co.

Freshman from Giles County High School, Alice Parlier (Sophmore for 2004-2005). Starting centerfielder, made All District (a great feat for a freshman). Has a cannon for an arm; threw out several at the plate during regular school season ball from centerfield. Has played travel ball for 4 years, currently playing with the Tennessee Firehawks. Her travel ball team has already qualified for the NSA World Series. She can play all outfield positions, and great at 3rd and SS. Very good stick. An all around great player.

• 4 weeks later...