New players to watch,Who are they?

Ah!!!DoggieBonez

The travel team I am CONSIDERING playing with is called the Diamond Dodgers in Rockwood TN... it's coached by darrell williams.... and the college I am most likely going with is North Greenville College, in South Carolina. But, i've had offers from carson-newman and lincoln memorial. It really just depends on what I decide.

Kandice Heath

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kandice, if this is indeed you and not a teammate or someone impersonating you as some sort of sick joke or something:

You ARE a good hitter, but you have a lot of lessons to learn about life. Acquiring a little humility would be a good one to start with. Not slamming your coach on a public message board would be a good second. Regardless of how much of a "clue" you think your coach has, you should appreciate her for the time and effort she has put into the Sunbright program over the past several years. If I understand correctly, Sunbright might very well have lost its softball program if Coach C. hadn't have been willing to keep coaching.

In no way do I question your ability, your stats, or your desire to play the game of softball. Those things would make me want to have you as a player on my team. But then again, there's a lot more to being successful in life other than stats and love for the game.

Please don't take offense at those of us who have read your posts on this thread and attempted to respond to them in earnest. We realize you're young and have lots to learn, so we're not criticizing you but rather trying to help.

And, just for the record, our pitchers don't fear you at all. We believe you are a fairly good hitter, but we've faced better. And even though you may have some good offensive numbers, those numbers have come in a district, a region, a class (Single A), and a part of the state that is not known for facing the best pitching out there! If you've hit Abott and other college level pitchers, then that's great, but the stats you are boasting of have come against pitchers not nearly of that caliber.

I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishments, but you should tone down the boasting and see the bigger picture. I've coached on the coaching staff of the only Morgan Co. softball team to ever play in the state tournament and I can assure you that it's a different world even at that level as far as pitching is concerned.

And, even if you had faced the best pitching the state has to offer and still put up similar numbers, then a little dose of humility would STILL be in order. It would go a long way toward making your stay on this site a lot more beneficial!

You're a good player and I don't doubt that you may play some college ball. But you could be a better player and a more popular one if you listen and learn.

Hey, we're never too young OR too old to learn from one another! Isn't that what life's all about? :justwrestle:

---rSquared (a coach in your district)

Edited by rSquared

Rsquared,

I have a good idea which coach you are, actually I am sure who's coach you are. I do have to say you do have a good ball team. Undoubtedly. I didn't find near as much bad sportmenship in your players as I have some other teams in our district. But, I do want you to know Friday when we play, we're at home. Things will be different. I like your pitcher she's accurate. I'm actually excited. Oh, I would never slam my coach unless I had a good reason. Maybe, you should know our point of view before you acquire saying I don't have that right. She told us ACTUALLY told us that she was only there in name. Our girls are there for each other. We come out, we play our hardest, and pray for the best. The people I would actually call coaches quit on us this year because of our coach. I have done all my college scholarship research. Tell me, as a good coach, would you ever let buress go with the average she has without being noticed?? I really don't think so. You have great girls, honestly. Coach doesn't put time into us. This week we've had one practice. and we won't practice before we play monday. So, trust me, I would rather have an over exertive coach then have one that says nothing at all. And the boasting is simply because of those who said it can't be done, and it can because I have done it. I have earned the right to boast. All I can tell you coach is that when you play us expect a game. It's so sad our season ends so short.

Sincerely,

Kandice Heath

Just wanted to say that it only took a few minutes of "talking" with Kandice on AIM to realize that she's really a good, level-headed young lady. Okay, she may come across with a little too much ego, but she's driven by a good cause and is dedicating her career to a friend she lost in a tragic accident recently.

Anyway, I have a new found respect for her, and wish her the best!

---rSquared

Ladytigersoftballhitter, First I would like to say that you need to tone down that ego of your. Confidence is good; boasting is not. I have seen, coached and studied the best this state has to offer for 20 plus years and NONE of them boasted how good they were. You need to listen to the folks that have posted on your comments. First, I know the people that have tried to give you some very good advise. I would listen to them!!! They are some of the BEST coaches, and programs this state has to offer; and they know what they are talking about. Second, I'm not taking anything away from your tallent, but you are not exactly playing against the best pitchers in the state ( no disrespect intended ). Talk to all of us AFTER you face Soddy's Waters: Goodpasture Perioni, Riverdale Catalono:Libscomb Rhodes to name a few. You show us those stats against them; you will get their attention. Third, You want to find out how good you REALLY are, play ASA A or Gold ball. These girls are the best and you get a true picture of your tallent. Fourth, The schools that you mentioned you may play for are not division one or two teams. If you had these averages against good teams, I promise SEC teams would be knocking your door down to play for them. TNT and rSquared made some strong points. You have not played summer ball with a noted program. This is where the college coaches come to see the real tallent. We are not trying to gang up on you, just trying to help you understand the real world.

Edited by iconu2

Iconu2,

First of all, I would like to say i'd love to play against the teams you named, but unfortunately my mommy and daddy aren't rich. So, I don't get the chances all these other girls do, playing in the big flashy tournaments, and the big summer league teams. Second, you haven't seen me play so don't judge me. I am playing this year for my best friend. I am playing great and I am proud so if you don't like it, that's on you man. I really could care less who gangs up on me, because again it won't change my opinion. You don't know me, you haven't seen me play, so don't judge me. If I had the chance to face those pitchers i'd be glad to give you the stats. It's hard to be a division I or II team when you live in a small county with very little money. So, when you donate the money to our division be sure and let me know. I'll be glad to play any of the teams you mentioned, and maybe my stats would stay the same, and maybe not. But, either way I would walk away with a smile on my face, because I love the game. Oh, I live in the real world. It was pretty real the day I was at practice and I got a phone call telling me to come say goodbye to my life long friend, because he had died in a car accident. So, you try playing with that thought dwelling in the head for your whole season and see how good you play.

Kandice Heath

Edited by ladytigersoftballhitter33

Ladytigersoftballhitter, Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry that you lost your best friend, and I'm sure this year has been hard. Again, everyone was just trying to get you to tone it down a little. The coaches that were reading this were not impressed. I got the impression everyone thought you had an attitude problem. You are correct that I have not seen you. I really would like to and then offer an opinion. It's just you made some very bold statements that appeared a little self centered. Again, I'm truly sorry that you have not had the opportunity to play on these summer teams. Kandice, I have several questions; first are you a senior??? If you are truly as good as you say, I think with all the contacts a lot of the people have on coacht with college coaches, we could get you a look. The only problem is most college coaches look at players their junior year and decide who to watch their senior year. If you are a senior, this puts you a BIG disavantage no matter how good you are. The second point is not playing ASA summer ball. I know you have not had the opportunity, but this is where college coaches watch the best. If your school progam has a good name for turning out college players, your HS coach could help. Finally, how many more games do you have this season. I promise if I have the time, I will try to make a game to see you. The only problem, I'm already commited to a tournment next weekend in Kentucky, and then the districts start for everyone. Just not enough time remaining.

Iconu2,

Thanks for replying to my reply. I play to play, I am a good player, and I don't say that to be self centered. Again coaches being unimpressed doesn't bother me. I don't talk with my mouth or words on a screen. I talk on the field with my game. My coach hasn't done anything to get scouts to look at us. We have three wonderful seniors, and no scouts yet. You asked about the schedule well

Mon April 26 oneida @ oneida 5pm EST

Friday April 30 coalfield @ sunbright 1pm EST

Mon May 3 rockwood @ sunbright 5pm EST

Tues May 4 Oakdale @ Oakdale 1pm EST

Wed may 5 wartburg @ sunbright 4:30 pm EST

Thur May 6 Scott County @ Scott County 5 pm EST

Mon- fri may 10-15 district tournament @ rockwood

That's our schedule. Yes, I am a senior, and of course no my coach has done nothing to get me a scholarship. Also, no I didn't lie about my averages and rbi's I am hitting a .655 and have 24 rbis in 8 games. That's my stats so far. Anyways, if you wanna talk more my aol and yahoo name are on profile. Gimme a hollar.

Sincerely,

Ladytigersoftballhitter33