New players to watch,Who are they?

Ah!!!DoggieBonez

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed is not everything. Good hitters hit good fastballs. KK threw a 1-hit shutout at Soddy Daisy last Saturday by using all of her pitches and hitting her spots. She doesn't have 9 pitches, she has 4. She doesn't throw 62, she throws her FB at 56.

Soddy swung at bad pitches and struck out 9 times because they were kept off balance all game. I would also like to give some props to her catcher, Chelsea Clem, also a freshmen. She called the game and was only shaken off a handfull of times. Nice job girls, the future is bright.

I would like to add that I know all the pitchers listed above and they are fine pitchers, Not just because they throw hard, but because they work hard and throw several pitches for strikes.

;) Heritage High School.. has 3 pitchers and there all freshman.. so yall watch out..

.....Kayla Miles..... has a good change up....

.....Kaitlin Gourley.. has good speed and drop ball and change up....

.....Shelley Fagg.....Screwball..riser..and has good speed

Good luck to all of us freshman pitchers from heritage... and good luck to everyone else...... Softball rocks :)

One thing you have to consider when you are talking about younger kids throwing that fast is the distance that they are throwing. Even a high school pitcher that throws in the 60's will slow down when they are moved back to 43 feet in college. It makes a huge difference when the distance changes.

From what I know, the pitchers from Heritage have not been involved in true "A" ball, zeroedge, at least at the level your team plays. I will say, that is not a mandatory requirement from what I have seen to be successful in high school ball. Of course, a successful "A" pitcher will always carry over to high school, but the talent of the remaining players on the team will VERY much influence the sucess of that pitcher. Probably of equal importance is the catcher. I have seen several top "A" pitchers struggle in high school due to the lack of an experienced catcher. So, if you have a good "A" catcher on your summer team....you may want to move her into your pitchers school zone!??!!?

Anyway, I hope you did not take offense to my comments earlier...it was not my intention. I agree with you later comments but I was commenting on the fast ball...the most common measure of true speed. It seems that numerous pitchers claim to break 60...but only a few truely due as evident by the stat reports issued by NFCA. I believe the last time I saw KAT pitch was 12&U state, so I may have been out of line. I have watched her since her Thundercat days and she has always been impressive.

Who are Kayla Miles, Kaitlin Gourley and Shelly Fagg? What is the name of their travel teams? I have never seen them on the "A" ball travel cicuit or heard of them.

They all three play USSSA no ASA and maybe play a little NSA...Two play for the Magic out of Blount County.And one plays for th Blount Flames.