New players to watch,Who are they?

Ah!!!DoggieBonez

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whitteaker,

Your are correct on the move to 43 ft. is a change. Kids must be willing to change the style sometimes when moving back 3 feet. My oldest was never a power pitcher but she could make the ball move. But in college with some changes to her curve ball, the 3 feet made it wicked. But, it nice to crank the 60 mph if you got it when needed.

As far as questions on Jennifer, Kat, Holly (8th graders) they can throw around 60 mph. But these girl have many more pitches then a fastball and to play at a high level of ball you must have more than a fastball only.

Speed is not everything. It also a head game!

Some freshmen that I know and have been out to see them in high school games. They all have been playing as starters at times and playing as impact players at some top HS teams.

Beech - Colby Wherry, Holly Herman, Brittany Aielllo.

Hunters Lane - Kristen Spear

Brentwood - Julie Harmon, Caitlin Cavarra

Frendship - Jessie Couch

Wilson Central - Sara Williams

26 oz. bat is too heavy for anyone in fastpitch......at least use a 23/24 oz

you know what anyone that says a 26 oz. bat is to heavy for fastpitch is wrong. Bradley Central has some hosses that are just ninth graders that can hit home runs with the 28 oz. bat. Rachael McKay hit a homerun in the McMinn game with it. Maria Durgin hands are so quick that when she uses a lighter bat she has her hands around before the pitch ever gets there. Don't ever say that 26 oz is to heavy when there is other people that use 28. Oh Maria benchs 160 lb. as a freshman but she is a big hoss and strong as a brick wall don't slide into her at home because she wont go any where.:D

David Lipscomb has some new players making huge contributions:

Lindsey Haislip - 2nd base/shortstop, good bunter, plays excellent defense. jr this year didn't get to play last year because of a fractured back

Chelsey Piper - centerfielder, still in the eighth grade, lightening fast, good hitter

Libby Manning - didn't play last year, jr this year, plays catcher/third/short, swings a big stick, went yatzee several times as a freshman on the team

If the kid can swing it (28.oz) let her bring it to the game. Whats the big deal? some people, not all mind ya" believe liter is better.... Here chomp on this Question: If ya could put more weight ie..bat on the ball would ya? just a thought. ;) All thoughs Engineer Types Will be comming out of the wood work now :D

Take Care ya'LL ;)

I just wanna reply to the 26 oz bat.... I hit with a 34 inch 28 oz bat and have for 3 years.... I've hit against pitchers up to 67 mph. My batting average my sophomore year was .345, junior year was .519, and this year a .655. If you don't believe me check my stats. My name is Kandice Heath and I play third base for the sunbright lady tigers. So, it's not impossible, just unlikely.

Sincerely,

Kandice Heath

I just wanna reply to the 26 oz bat.... I hit with a 34 inch 28 oz bat and have for 3 years.... I've hit against pitchers up to 67 mph. My batting average my sophomore year was .345, junior year was .519, and this year a .655. If you don't believe me check my stats. My name is Kandice Heath and I play third base for the sunbright lady tigers. So, it's not impossible, just unlikely.

Sincerely,

Kandice Heath

Send your stats my way..I would be interested to see them.