Who will Dominate CLass A?

ballmaven21

I hope pickett co wins it ballmaven, but it will be incredibly tought..pickett faces tought competition from it's own district and region. Clay Co and RBS is tough and then in region we will have to get by Gordonsville..Chatt Christian is in our substate so it will be very difficult for us to get to state..I haven't seen Halls play in the last 2 years, but they will be really tough as well..Don't count Temple out either, they are still the champs until someone beats them.

I have to give the nod to Halls in our region...They are playing very well as of late...They don't have a lot of size but they are relentless on defense and are very good leapers.....I'm hoping,we,Lake Co., will meet them in the region finals....The 1st two times we split with them ane they were both great close games..The 3rd time for the district championship,was all Halls in a blowout.....Our best two shooters were about 1 for 20...I credit Halls with a lot to do with that but I can't imagine us shooting that poorly again.....But..I believe Halls had better be at the top of their game....The winner of So.Fulton-Trenton could send them packing...Both are good teams and if Trenton wins they have the luxury of playing at home....On our side of the bracket,I look for Lake Co and Dresden to have a close game and more than likely will face a very tough Greenfield team ...If we happen to lose ,I'll be pulling for the teams from our region...I believe any of these teams will be hard to beat if they shoot the ball well and play like they are capable of playing..

i could be wrong,but there doesn't seem to be a dominant team in A statewide (time will tell) . i've seen halls play and they are very good on defence but lack of team size and a poor shooting night could end their season against Peabody or so.Fulton, Greenfield,Lake Co.,Dresden,Middleton,jcs in the west. take no one for granted this time of year as any one letdown could send you back home ! Middleton and jcs are very good teams that can defeat any one in the state . whoops ! almost left out West Carroll who could take it all ! all of the teams mentioned above played some AA & AAA schools during the reg. season , performed well and it pays off during tournytime as oppossed to playing schedules loaded with automatic w's . Greenfield's , Peabody's, Middleton's & halls' record could reflect many more wins , but they chose to prepare to compete for the state title . this applies to all the mentioned teams (w.carr. did not play as tough a schedule as some of these teams ,but they are very good and can beat anyone.) someone help us with middle & east tn. teams. Wayne Co. ,Forrest,gordonville,Pickett Co., chatt. christ. & clay co. appear to be the top teams in those regions ,any more ?

basketball really always seems to be an open sport. Anyone can win on any given day. look at NC state beating Duke. Not many people thought it would have but it did. But I would like to see someone represet region 4 in the state. I would really like Gordonsville to go but if Pickett or Clay were to go and represent region 4 in the state(if someone from region 4 made it) i would have to cheer for them. But good luck to everyone on the region tourney's coming up.

my pick out of region 8A is going to be Greenfield.Greenfields record doesnt show how good they really are.Greenfield has played a real tough schedule.the only teams in 1A that has beat Greenfield have been.Lake County,Dresden,and West Carroll.Greenfield lost to WC by one at the first of the year and then beat them the second time by 15.LC beat Greenfield by 3 in the first game they played them Greenfield beat them by 6 the second time.And Dresden lost to Greenfield by 26 the first and Dresden beat Greenfield by 1 the second game in overtime.and the rest of the loses have came by AA&AAA teams.Look for Greenfield to make anouther trip to state.it will be them or halls

I agree with you Browniemagee...Anybody could win this region or substate....Lake Co.also played a lot of bigger schools..Dyer Co.,Crockett Co.,and teams from Missouri,Kentucky,and Illinois....By the way Lake Co beat Dresden by 26 points earlier this year also but lost to them by about 7 in Dresden....By the way....both Greenfield and Lake Co.had to fight for their lives tonight as Middle College took Greenfield to the wire and had a chance to tie the game with a 3 with about 35 seconds left...Middle College missed and had to foul...Greenfield won by 4....Lake Co.was trailing by 1 with 16 seconds left but hit a three with 6 seconds left and had to hold on...So there are no easy games....I think if we can shut Shane down and Blackburn doesn't torch the nets we have an excellent chance...I think we match up better with Greenfield...I think we will be able to get our shots off better against Greenfield....I think Dresden is quicker than Greenfield and we are quicker than Greenfield with better all around athletes except for Shane and Blackburn....I think they are basically a 2 man team with the other role players...But to win ,hope they don't have career nights and try to slow Blackburn and Shane down...They are great players...