7AA vs 8AA

sleep23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the past few region tournys and if you all want to talk about the past, usually when a 7aa team beats an 8aa, they are usuall redhot and couldn't miss @ all. Athletically there is no comparison between the two districts with 8aa having much better talent and superior size overall. And no one out in 7aa is going to outcoach any of the coaches that are coming in from 8aa. I can really see a sweep here. And for some of you guys that have been comparing scores from way back earlier in the season you can throw that crap out. Teams progress through the year and regress through the year. I can guarantee anyone who reads this posts and thinks about your own team, they have either gotten a lot better since December or have gotten worse. Comparing scores is the lamest thing you can do because there are so many factors that go into a game that aren't going to be duplicated each and every nite, like some team one nite shooting lights out from the field then turning around the next nite and can't throw it into the ocean. Different things happen to different teams, you can never tell. But if a 7aa team stands a chance of winning a game in this tourny, they will have to be shooting the ball pretty much at an unholy pace and will have to hope that the other team really isn't shooting that well. Plus 7aa will have to crash the boards and box out everytime because they don't have the athleticism to just go up and get the ball. Not saying it can't happen, just saying that overall talent and coaching wise it won't happen.

Tennisguy....that was the stupidest post I've ever seen. You don't know much about 7AA or 8AA.

Sleep was "OK". Good shooter, never made it out of district though. Nice little bandanna there Sleeper. Real cute like.

Booboodafoo12 is a much better shooter than sleeper ever thought about being.

I know a lot has been written about the players and fans, but what about the crowd? I know 8AA is hosting and could therefore be considered the "home" team, but it is in Portland and 3 of the teams are in Nashville. Will 7AA have any teams that will bring a huge crowd? Of the teams from 7AA coming, will any of them bring a fan base to rival Lipscomb? The bomb squad from Lipscomb understands that the crowd can be a difference maker. Will Upperman bring fans to overcome that advantage?

Sleep was "OK". Good shooter, never made it out of district though. Nice little bandanna there Sleeper. Real cute like.

Booboodafoo12 is a much better shooter than sleeper ever thought about being.

;) ...thats cold...its tough tryin to make it outta district playin against Tate every year...that guy could play ball...but i wasnt that good of a shooter...i was more of a slasher...i'd either bomb a 3 or take it to the rack...if i could go back i'd develop a mid-range jumper...thats where the money is... :D ...and i hoped u liked the nice lil bandana....i had a reason for it....but man...i kinda regret startin this thread...i've been slammed too many times... ;) ...

So Devilfanatic you try to bring out the stats on the game huh? Well you are obviously going to lose this battle since i do play for the HUme Fogg Boys team. The HFA did not blow Upperman out of the water is because Upperman played great team defense. Thats what basketball is about teamwork. I know for a fact that Upperman players could not guard me one on one because im quicker than their players. But Im not playing one on one it is five on five so it is very easy to keep someone out of the lane. If i penetrate by the person guarding me the person helpside is going to help out and that is obvious. That is why we didnt win by more because Upperman was smart enough to have help side close by. So much for your point Devilfanatic. And another thing. Can anyone matchup against Mathis inside? HaHa. Obviously you didnt hear about how the game went down. Lance is my boy and we hang out all the time. But ask him how many he scored in the second half when a 6 foot 130 pound guard was guarding him in the post. Whenever my team learns how to play together as a team the whole game then we will be deadly. As of right now we are learning but we are not where we need to be in order to win. Hope it comes around soon

And also me and my team are not what Upperman is worried about right now. Although i would love to play Lance again the only way we would meet is if we were in the championship. And something for you to think about Devilfanatic I think you said you play for Jackson County. Well you need to be worried about 7AA girls teams and leave the boys alone. You have enough problems on your hands as it is. You cant handle all of the girls in your district.

And something for you to think about Devilfanatic I think you said you play for Jackson County. Well you need to be worried about 7AA girls teams and leave the boys alone. You have enough problems on your hands as it is. You cant handle all of the girls in your district.

Wow did i miss something? Did i not say in my last post that HFA has quick guards, did i say that you weren't quicker than Upperman? No i did not, you need to go back and re-read my post young man. All i merely said was you didn't have anyone that could match the two big guys down low size wise. However i have seen you and your team play and you are a very talented team and i also agree with alot of the other 8AA people on here saying that 8AA will win most of the games. To me the only team that has a chance of winning a game is Upperman, just my opinion but i am a realist. 8AA is alot stronger than 7AA top to bottom this year and thats a fact, anyone that knows anything about these two districts realizes this. I am definately not a player anymore, back in the late 70's early 80's i thought i could ball but once i went to the Marine Corps and started ballin with the boys from New York and LA i quickly found out that "white me can't jump"! lol But i held my own and was always one of the first white guys picked if you know what i mean! ;) As for the girls side, well thats a total opposite and anyone that knows anything about these two districts knows that as well but thats on another thread. So good luck to you and your team young man and hopefuly you and Lance will get a chance to matchup one more time this season, i know him as well and he is a good young man and an excellent player as i am sure you are. :P

I know a lot has been written about the players and fans, but what about the crowd?  I know 8AA is hosting and could therefore be considered the "home" team, but it is in Portland and 3 of the teams are in Nashville.  Will 7AA have any teams that will bring a huge crowd?  Of the teams from 7AA coming, will any of them bring a fan base to rival Lipscomb?  The bomb squad from Lipscomb understands that the crowd can be a difference maker.  Will Upperman bring fans to overcome that advantage?

Hopefully most of the Bomb Squad wont be discouraged by the early tip-off. We were hoping to get out 30min early because many more people would make the trip but it doesnt look like that is going to happen, but those who are the loudest will still be there. We just prob wont have the 40-50 we had early in district. Good luck to the Mustangs. I think everyone wants a chance to send the Brew Crew packing.

Edited by hsfball