DII State Tournament

Ash56

CR4, please calm down.

Hampton stole the ball and did a nasty two handed dunk to pull the score to 33-30 and then took a seat on the bench, when he re-entered it was a 9 point game and that was all she wrote. #40 Barry Turner had 16 and killed Byrne inside. Hampton played well, just wasn't hitting his shots like he has for so long.

Hampton is the best guard at the state tournament...and he's not overrated. There is no point in saying he's good or bad, he's not playing college basketball, he's a high high D1 football prospect, much like Michael Oherr for BCS.

Ego: First the dunk was great he really got up, but it is still only two points. Could you please tell me how many shots Hampton took and how many he made?? I think he finished with 11 points?? Hampton also had a five second call with his dribbles and could not shake the underated guards of BA. You act like they would have won if Hampton hadn't of come out of the game. By the way he was out for about 30 seconds. Byrne was athletic but couldn't hang with BA. I calm because my team WON! Final score again????

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BA wears out Byrne!!!!! Rotates 10 men and kills them. By the way number 11 (Hampton) is the most overrated player in the state. I THOUGH BYRNE WAS GOING TO BEAT BA AT THE GUARD POSITION???? oNE MORE GAME. WHERE IS ALL THE TALK NOW??????

How can you judge if a player is overrated by seeing him play one time? Let's be honest, Wright is BA!! period!! Take him off that team and you don't have a team. He is awesome! As for the other players, well, no comment. So as far as a "team", BA is overrated, yet Wright is off the chain!! Don't get too far ahead of yourself, there is still one game left and on any given day, any team can be beat. Remember, that's why you play the game, nothing is a given.

QUOTE (CR4 @ Mar 5 2004 - 03:36 PM)

BA wears out Byrne!!!!! Rotates 10 men and kills them. By the way number 11 (Hampton) is the most overrated player in the state. I THOUGH BYRNE WAS GOING TO BEAT BA AT THE GUARD POSITION???? oNE MORE GAME. WHERE IS ALL THE TALK NOW?????? 

How can you judge if a player is overrated by seeing him play one time? Let's be honest, Wright is BA!! period!! Take him off that team and you don't have a team. He is awesome! As for the other players, well, no comment. So as far as a "team", BA is overrated, yet Wright is off the chain!! Don't get too far ahead of yourself, there is still one game left and on any given day, any team can be beat. Remember, that's why you play the game, nothing is a given.

Saying that BA would not have a team without Wright is nonsense. There is no question that he is a dominant player. However, BA has one of the top-rated freshmen in the state in John Garrett and another well-respected sophomore in Josh Bone (unfortunately out for the season). Turner has been a little inconsistent at times but can also dominate at times. BA plays a number of Freshmen and Sophomores that will be very good in the coming years.

GO EAGLES!!!  The second consecutive state championship appearance for <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, and hopefully a successful defense of last year's gold ball.  I'm extremely proud of the Eagles for their impressive play, and here's hoping it lasts for one more game!!!

i'm sure you are also happy about another thing...That BGA will be watching from the sideline and not courtside with 5 players on the court...BA had it won after the 4:45 game was over on Thursday. And i do believe that they knew they had it :D

Edited by mafiaman

A few things...

Nasty does not define Jamont...there are no words to define Jamont. He's spectatcular. The dunk was pretty impressive, and Hampton is really a good athlete playing basketball, as I said earlier, he's a football player, and regardless of how good or bad he is, he doesn't plan on playing bball. Just so you know, he was the starting point guard along with Andre Allen, and Jerrell Houston (MSU signee) and Shawne Williams (Memphis) on a YOMCA team that was one of the top 3 teams in the nation. To say he's not very good just doesn't make sense...Heck he's up for Mr. Basketball which is a great accomplishment. He's good period, maybe not up to your standards or your ability, but I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

CBHS does not match up well with BA. CBHS' Chris Mosby is a good Center but he's a sophomore like Wright and is only 6'2. He played well against Briarcrest and hit a number of 13-15 foot shots, Wright will give them fits inside. #10 for CBHS played extremely well, and was a big reason why they won tonight. CBHS does not have a go to player...BCS beat them by 15 earlier this season at CBHS and CBHS beat BCS later in the year by 1.

BCS came out in the third quarter and took the lead in the fourth 37-32 and the final was 44-41. CBHS won fair and square, the refs didn't do a very good job of doing the calls...hopefully that will be corrected tomorrow. CBHS should probably play zone or press BA. The only way to stop Brandon Wright is keep it out of his hands, push the guards towards half court and hopefully they will be too far away to make plays. CBHS just does not have the size inside to be able to play man to man...Michael Oherr scored 20 and probably only played about 15 minutes because of foul trouble.

BA is overated?? How is that? Byrne was the number one seed, had only lost one game and according to EGO has the best pg at the state tourn. Byrne lost by 17!!!! If BA " doesn't have a team without Wright", who scored all of those other points for BA. And if BA is overated and still kicked Byrne that bad then what does that say about Byrne's team (overated)???? HAHA