13AA/7AA Challenge Series

CoachD33

Ouch, no love for DeKalb. They are in way over their heads though. First of all I am not saying anything negative about the challenge series. In every post that I have put on here I have actually said that I wanted to see it. And I still would. I just think it will be a whitewash. I really don't know about how much revenue would be produced off the game because of the travel especially that early in the season. Hall of Fame week would be the only week that it would happen, but another reason why it may not happen is financial. 3 teams in 7aa travel out of state at Christmas to play and those trips aren't cheap. I don't know if they will be making any money off of a series between the 2 districts but I think if they can make just a dollar then they should play it. But I have always said that I would like to see it, I've just said that I don't think 13aa is the 2nd best district in the state and I don't think that 13aa would win a game out of the whole series. But if you can find a good format to play it under then as the rednecks say "get er' done." I will say that a series between the 2 would greatly help out 13aa alot more than 7aa. Now I'm not sure about Westview and Obion's non district schedule, for all I know is that it could be tough, but I do know for a fact that Gibson doesn't play anyone and they desperatley need to get out of their nest and step up and play some teams. 7aa doesn't have that problem because they all play a tough non district schedule. If you guys though can figure out how it can be done just let me know and I'll be there. I would actually like to meet some of you Gibson fans that I have ticked off over the past few months. It would definitely be interesting.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson Co. fans are all nice folks .. They are very passionate about the Lady Pioneer basketball program and want to see it do well just as you do with the programs you follow in 7AA!! :D Speaking of the GC fans, my hats off to ya for the loyal following you gave your team at the TSSAA state tournament.. Gibson Co.

had one of the biggest fan followings of the tournament.. Kudos to you guys B)

First, glad to see NWhoopaholic back...we've missed your posts. Also a get well soon is headed your way.

Second, the idea was passed around by redbirdfan and myself last week and you giving your ideas have made it only better. I do believe that each year you need 3 from each district traveling and 3 serving as home teams, but the games are played at a central location...i.e. - (Westview/GC/DC hosts 13AA and whomever has the nicest facilities in 7AA rotates as hosts.) Each team gets two games over a two day period, not a tournament format, but a little like what OC did over Christmas. Play the games starting at 5:00 and the crowd's will be bigger.

Third, tennisguy, why the hate? Just because you believe GC fans should not post because they lost in the state tournament is no reason to douse the flame of creativity! No one said that these are the two best districts in the state...this is just an idea that could bring together some good competition between two good basketball districts. I believe what started this is the statements from the 7AA people about the lack of competition in west TN...this is a way to create some competitive games. I, for one, could care less which district is the best in the state. These are afterall, young people participating in a sport that they love.

Again, great to have you back NWhoopaholic!!!!

why does anyone even try to compare another district with 7AA right now....its not even a good agrument...there is no district that comes close in AA....jus look at the gold balls....and i will be safe bettin that 7AA will win it all again 5 outta the next 6 years.... :D ...watch and see...

I really like the idea if it can be put together, I've meet several fans of 13AA and they are rabid about their girls bb. 7AA needs a taste of the involvement of the fans at the games, 2500 to 3000 fans makes an exciting atmosphere.

There is another (always) very tough district, that being 5AA. They should be invited to the mix.

This would be a great weekend of basketball.

I really like the idea if it can be put together, I've meet several fans of 13AA and they are rabid about their girls bb. 7AA needs a taste of the involvement of the fans at the games, 2500 to 3000 fans makes an exciting atmosphere.

There is another (always) very tough district, that being 5AA. They should be invited to the mix.

This would be a great weekend of basketball.

Great post 7AAwatcher! That's exactly what we're talking about. If you involve another couple of districts, then it would be even more exciting...

betting odds for above 2004-05 matchups

GC by 2 over LA

MW by 12 over JC

U by 10 over OC

YI by 11 over DC

CrC by 3 over CaC

SC by 18 over UC

so basically you have 3 double digit wins for 7AA, 1 double digit win for 13AA and two games that could go either way

We must establish venues before we can set the line. Are these neutral court?