Maryville

linebackers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RebRon has me fired up as well, I see this and next years team two of the very best MHS has had, and that is a huge statement based on some of the past great teams.

Not dising Cade, but if he has an offer for D1, anywhere near a football field he better do all he can to ink the deal now. Agree Casey was slow but did not have great arm strength, as the Pro draft reveled. Daddy does have clout and Sanders/Fullmer are clueless at the QB and RB slots the past few years. Look at the Riggs mess, everyone with a brain knew MHS' Stewart's and Knox Cent Jackson's talent level and work ethic was well above Riggs at the HS level and lets not mention grades.

I am very high on this years Red Rebles Team and right on about Depth.

• 1 month later...
My only question MLREB, how does Maryville, as big as football is, have a lack of depth? How many kids do they have out each year?

Sorry.............I should of specified the lack of depth with last years team. It's was in reference to the interior defensive line. The line was relatively small and inexperienced. When one of their staters, Ryan Headrick, went out with a Brain aneurysm, they got smaller and less experienced. An example was Adam Parnell playing DT at 170 pounds.

Otherwise there were not any depth issues with the remaining positions. You are right..........depth is typically not an issue. It's just that sometimes certain positions will lack the numbers. When positions such as the interior line lacks depth and quality, it does make your defense vulnerable for a good gutting. Having said that the Rebel defense played exceptionally well last year considering the D-line issues.