Hope Springs Eternal at W.B.

GovMan

Stopped by for a little of WB's opening day of spring drills on Monday. While somewhat depleted by the absence of some track performers, the guys still looked pretty awesome.

Everybody was fired up ... coaches, players, trainers, fans, etc. You can really sense the excitement. And dang ... they were lining it up and going at it. Lots of contact drills.

Coach Emert and the others have done an outstanding job in the weight room and it shows on a lot of the guys.

Bart Hicks and Darren Walker, in my opinion, upgrade an already very good defense, to perhaps a "great" defense.

Remember the name, Andy Nick. Kid's an incredible athlete. Whether he lines up at qb, tailback, receiver, ...whatever, defenses are gonna need to know where he is. And he's an awesome defensive back as well.

Man ... I just can't wait till fall. I'm believing it's going to be a "special year" for WB football.

Go Govs!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz!

Gov man...I had an opportunity to go by the new "Meadow" at Mike White field yesterday too.

Noticebly absent were the Walker kid and the Osborne kid. I assume track was calling for these two athletes.

How in the world have you been? How is the Eggers kid doing from Heritage? I think William Blount might be special, but they are going to have a tough time with the Red and Black this year.

When I first read this, I was thinking Rebelsman had offered to meet up with you today. I was gonna be a little jealous, especially if you got to ride in his big new Hummer!

Maybe I will see you this afternoon at practice. I couldn't believe all the contact they had out there yesterday. It made this woman melt!

Love you boyz!

;)

I stopped by for a few minutes. Meadows had those boys hitting. William Blount had some big boys. Hatcher is a monster.

Meadows has brought some excitement to WB. I noticed he is a very hands on coach.

qb#7 thinks WB has a good chance to win the region.

I guess Blue21Sally @ 7 had a fun time waching the grass grow this afternoon. No practice due to county track meet.

headbusta??? are you Nostradamus??? how do you know how smart(or not) Lucas Wall is??? Better head to Vegas if you are that enlightened. It is way too early to make any judgements on Wall's mental abilities when it comes to football. He took less than 50 snaps last year mostly when games were already decided. Do know that he isn't a freaking moron so at least give the guy a chance.

Edited by 5743

W.B. will be one dimensional in my opion. i don't think Lucas walls has the arm or the mentallity to throw on defense's. the only thing that they will have going for them will be thier ground game.

i dont even think their ground game will be that great, yeah they have fast backs, but they have to have someone to block for him, he isnt a 1 man team

Rebelraider:

Don't necessarily need to have a "great" OL in a Wing T offense. If you have competent linemen that can follow the rules that are set down, holes will open due to the nature of the offense. Adding a 190 lb RB that runs a sub 11.0 100 meters doesn't hurt either. Walker didn't always hit the hole at 100 % speed in '03 and still gained over 900 yds. in the regular season. If he does a better job of hitting his holes full speed 1500 yards is certainly not out of the question. I would suspect that WB will average well over 200 yds. a game which is certainly pretty good.

Having a HC that believes in and is knowledgeable in the Wing T will also be a huge asset.

Hey boyz!

5743...you sound pretty omnipotent about Billy Blunt Football! How do you know how smart Lucas Wall is?

What about Andy Nick? Is he going to play any QB?

As for the wing T and average lineman...the only thing you need to do on defense to stop it is to crash the ends on the guards and force the backs deeper to allow your linebackers to make the plays.

Well I am not sure about that, it is just what a "man" told me! Actually the man was Coach Ratledge at Sevier County High School, who has written a few books on stopping the "T!"

Of course I am not sure whether that occured before or after McMinn or Bradley hung 68 on the scoreboard against them!

Love you boyz!

:angry:

Hey boyz!

5743...you sound pretty omnipotent about Billy Blunt Football! How do you know how smart Lucas Wall is?

What about Andy Nick? Is he going to play any QB?

As for the wing T and average lineman...the only thing you need to do on defense to stop it is to crash the ends on the guards and force the backs deeper to allow your linebackers to make the plays.

Well I am not sure about that, it is just what a "man" told me! Actually the man was Coach Ratledge at Sevier County High School, who has written a few books on stopping the "T!"

Of course I am not sure whether that occured before or after McMinn or Bradley hung 68 on the scoreboard against them!

Love you boyz!

;)

Since Coach Ratledge has done such a great job stopping the wing t, I would look elsewhere for advice. I think Jeff. Co. scored 28 and 45 points on SC the past two seasons. Before that, Bradley Central had rushed for over 600 yards and scored 50+ points. Oak Ridge consistantly scores a lot on SC as well.

No I'm not calling him a moron, Meadows system is very difficult to understand, and just getting it out of your mouth is eben harder, i know because i saw M. George say it. i just don't think he's a good football player, but i do think he's pretty good at b-ball. and i agree with rebelrider they graduated everybody on the o-line. Hatcher is big but can't move at all. and yea u do have to have a good line to run the wing-T, your always pulling and picking up blitz from where the guard pulls.