BA 2004

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Tom Moore did not beat MBA when he was there, BA did not have the talent level that Coach Flatt has had since his return. Tom Moore played against a recruited quarterback from Florida, several SEC players and some 1-AA superstars whereas Coach Flatt has played inferior talent and should have a winning record against MBA. BA will eventually catch up with MBA just as MBA has caught up with BA. It can not be put on one man. The whole program needs an injection of new blood and enthusiasm. Coach Flatt is the best coach in the State, the record proves that. He will catch the "Man on West End".

While Tom Moore did not beat MBA when he was there, BA did not have the talent level that Coach Flatt has had since his return. Tom Moore played against a recruited quarterback from Florida, several SEC players and some 1-AA superstars whereas Coach Flatt has played inferior talent and should have a winning record against MBA. BA will eventually catch up with MBA just as MBA has caught up with BA. It can not be put on one man. The whole program needs an injection of new blood and enthusiasm. Coach Flatt is the best coach in the State, the record proves that. He will catch the "Man on West End".

That post is confusing. Are you saying that when Coach Moore was there, the rest of the league was weaker than it is now? Or are you saying that Moore had less talent to work with than Flatt has now? What do you mean the program needs an injection of new blood and enthusiasm? Flatt is the old blood that has come back. Please clarify.

You mean "inferior talent" like Fisher, Santi, Jacques, Birdsong, etc.? That's just silly!

I'm also baffled by the post by femalefan, it seems to me to contradict itself, giving evidence of why Moore was a better coach than Flatt, than saying Flatt is the best in the state...very confusing,

And Wes..thanks for those great comments about Coach Flatt. He is a personal hero of mine and I feel very privaleged to get to play for him. Too many people have a negative view of him because of the recruiting charges and his ouspoken critics, when it comes down to it he really is a great man who cares about the students and especially his players, and if winning is the only thing that matters to you- he's done a little bit of that to. And definitly thanks for your support and vote of confidence- it means a lot to us.

I would just like to let you know about a change in your earlier projected lineups. Jason Huie will not be starting at center. He has decided to move to the defensive side of the ball and play defensive tackle. He's been told by 3 coaches that the starting tackle job is his to lose. I really see Jason excelling at tackle. He is one of the most athletic tackles I have ever seen. I can recall being run up and down by him on the basketball court many a times. His athleticism and team focused attitude will make him a great addition to the BA line.

May I join in the sentimentalism concerning Coach Flatt? Thanks, I shall. Coach Flatt is one of the greatest men I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's certainly one that holds you to high standards. "You share my last name, I expect you will hold that in high regard." He said this to me once... and while that statement could have intimidated some, it did not me. I knew what he meant and where he was coming from. I regreat I didn't have much personal interaction with Coach before I left BA. But he's left an impact on me, my brother, and my mom (one of his first students) that will always be there. And oh yeah, he knows a little about football. I wish I could be there when he wins that special game this year that puts him on top.

Also, he's not onen to get into a politcal discussion with... just like he seems to always win on the football field, he'll beat ya in that too! :lol: Coach Pitt and I lost many a debate on politics to Coach Flatt.

Hello BA fans . D-Lew I like your insight but you are trying to sound a little too professional. I think my line up is closer to the starting lineup come 2 - a - days and 2 - a - days will answer some more questions the coaches have posed.

This information has been gathered from coach bigs coach monty and coach dalton

and kind of Flatt.

OFFENSE

C-Drew Mchelny i donno how to spell it

G-Jadon Hogan

G- maybe Josh Butler i donno its fair game for anyone

T-Brian Ralls

T-Mike Berry

QB-Brad Bowker

HB-Tyree Ford

FB-Ryan White

WR-Bill Kottas

WR-John Garret

TE-Berry Turner

DEFENSE

DT-Terrel Murphy

DT-Jason Huie

NG-Nick Forte

LB-Parker Cason

LB-Tyler Griffin

CB-Bruce Little

CB-Tremayne Townsend

FS-Kofi Semanya

SS-John Garret

DE-Berry Turner

DE-Matt Thompson

IF you disagree thats cool but i saw it in writing. step off Reed Bowker Team Captain NOW!

I pretty much agree with that starting lineup- I know a bunch of guys saw " the sheet " with the lineups going into two-a-days and I'm guessing that's what you're referring to as " I saw it in writing". I'd say the postions that are not really locks are C, one guard spot, WR, FS, and one DE spot. I think those 5 guys will all have a fight on there hand to keep the starting job. I see Bubba Brandon as a possible starting receiver also- he has great height and some of the best hands on the team. We will find out in about 2 and a half weeks.

Hello BA fans . D-Lew I like your insight but you are trying to sound a little too professional. I think my line up is closer to the starting lineup come 2 - a - days and 2 - a - days will answer some more questions the coaches have posed.

This information has been gathered from coach bigs coach monty and coach dalton

and kind of Flatt.

OFFENSE

C-Drew Mchelny i donno how to spell it

G-Jadon Hogan

G- maybe Josh Butler i donno its fair game for anyone

T-Brian Ralls

T-Mike Berry

QB-Brad Bowker

HB-Tyree Ford

FB-Ryan White

WR-Bill Kottas

WR-John Garret

TE-Berry Turner

DEFENSE

DT-Terrel Murphy

DT-Jason Huie

NG-Nick Forte

LB-Parker Cason

LB-Tyler Griffin

CB-Bruce Little

CB-Tremayne Townsend

FS-Kofi Semanya

SS-John Garret

DE-Berry Turner

DE-Matt Thompson

IF you disagree thats cool but i saw it in writing. step off Reed Bowker Team Captain NOW!

I would be surprised if this is the opening day lineup. Very surprised.