BA 2004

Note to all you BA Freshmen, Sophomores, and other "Blue Jersey" guys...

Probably not a great idea to personally and publicly criticize your teammates. They haved earned that starting role; you have not. Be a teammate, even though you may not get much action this year. Do the work, help where you can, and remember what your momma told you...If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. You may get to play someday.

People pretty much always figure out who posters on CoachT are.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to all you BA Freshmen, Sophomores, and other "Blue Jersey" guys...

Probably not a great idea to personally and publicly criticize your teammates.  They haved earned that starting role; you have not.  Be a teammate, even though you may not get much action this year.  Do the work, help where you can, and remember what your momma told you...If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  You may get to play someday.

People pretty much always figure out who posters on CoachT are.

825299244[/snapback]

could'nt agree more with you.

I think this team is the deepest we've had in a long time- I think we should give tons of credit to Coach Flatt- the fact that over 100 people came out to play this year ( with only a little over 200 boys in the upper school ) is just amazing- and because of that and the great offseason program which develops the players into great athletes, we may have 22 different starters vs. Centennial ( nobody going both ways I mean ) I am really excited about the season.

Next scrimmage- August 13th @ Beech HS

I'm glad to hear the scrimmage went fairly well. As long as we have the depth to platoon, it sounds like a wonderful strategy that will maximize the abilities of everyone who deserves a shot at playing time. I'm interested to see if that strategy continues once the season starts.

Bowker is a good QB...don't forget his early efficiency in last year's McCallie game. He has the ability to be a solid signal-caller; I'm confident he'll overcome the summer rust and become a strong complement to BA's potent rushing attack, which always seems to reload.

I talked to Holbert today at the UT football media day. He's packed on a few more pounds and looks like he's in better shape than ever. I'm headed to practice in a couple hours and will give you a report on how he looked...it's going to be tough for him to wrestle the starting job away from former AE RB Cory Anderson. He'll be living down the hall from me in Gibbs, so I'll see him all the time.

The outlook seems very positive in Brentwood. I can't wait to see how the team develops as they prepare for Centennial. Go Eagles!

Concerning the scrimmage, I think someone should mention Tremayne Townsend's touchdown run. It was absolutely earned. He ran a sweep and absolutely broke the corner's ankles, then went on to out run the 2 safeties straight down the sideline. It was his only touch and was a real eye opener because he never really gets any reps in practice.

Good point, that reminded me of another BA tailback named Townsend... how do you BA guys think Townsend should be used? RB? WR? defense?

825299361[/snapback]

Tremaine is a great athlete. BA is so deep at tailback that he won't see much action there, if any. He could be the starting tailback at about 90% of schools. You're just not going to beat out Tyree, who in my humble opinion, may turn out to be the best true tailback that BA has ever produced. I'm sure TT will be the fulltime starter at corner, and will be used at receiver and maybe occasionally in the backfield.

The Eagles may have two of the fastest corners in the state with Tremaine and Bruce Little.

Tremaine is a great athlete.  BA is so deep at tailback that he won't see much action there, if any.  He could be the starting tailback at about 90% of schools.  You're just not going to beat out Tyree, who in my humble opinion, may turn out to be the best true tailback that BA has ever produced.  I'm sure TT will be the fulltime starter at corner, and will be used at receiver and maybe occasionally in the backfield.

The Eagles may have two of the fastest corners in the state with Tremaine and Bruce Little.

825299420[/snapback]

TT'S run was outstanding!! The depth on this team is unreal and that is a tribute to Coach Flat. It will be interresting to see how they use Tyler on offense. If we can hit him with some passes early in the season then he will become a threat that defenses have to deal with by putting one of their best athletes on him to stop him. Then they'll have to deal with Ryan and Tyree. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Just wanted to give the offensive line their just reward. They really blew open some holes last night. When you give a guy like Ryan White a 6 yard wide hole and he takes off, no one will stop him on the first hit!!! The defense- what can you say? They intercept Brad and the defense gets tough and causes a fumble that turns into 7 points for us.

Tyree did a great job. However, I was more impressed with the

improvement of Ryan White at tailback. Both of these players

are going to make a lot of noise over the next three years.

No one has mentioned sophomore Bill Kottas at wide receiver. He made

a couple of nice catches with additional yardage after the catch. Once

the QB and receivers have a little more time to work out the timing, the

passing game should be fine.

Given the fact that BA did not practice last week, I believe that the team

played very well.