BA 2004

705..i agree with you on most of the topics...but i believe its Chase Daugherty. All he is is really fast. Hasnt been to big of a surprise though, except he can fly and is almost as fast as Tyree. He doesnt have the best of hands but when you have his speed he makes up for it. Just give him the ball and let him do what he does best, make tacklers look stupid. He is very agile and has good moves too. Im not sure that he will get too many carries this year being a freshman and haveing to compete with Ryan, Tyree, Terrell, Parker, and Tyler arent going to be easy. They are all much bigger, stronger, and have been doing it for longer. But come his junior/senior year, good-luck to other teams trying to catch him.

A name that stuck out to me the most to me was, Dillion Searcy. the ex-linebacker has moved to D-End and has proven that can play where the coaches want.

Our two weakest points so far are passing and kicking, altough they are both improving rapidly and will continue to flourish. Bowker is starting to feel more comfortable in his role as QB. His accuracy his improved since last week but he will be fine in our season opener against Centennial, thats if he does start. If hes not feeling it, we still have Tyler who will still rotate in, and possibly John Garrett. as for the kicking game Baker looks to be getting back into things and starting to boot the ball. Hes still a sophomore, but still improving day-by-day.

Edited by UTennFAN312

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

itzme Posted Today, 11:17 PM

QUOTE(jek @ Aug 13 2004 - 10:32 PM)

How was the scrimmage with Beech?

The best way to frame it was...a confidence builder. I think the score was either 49-0 or 56-0, I lost track. Beech got the ball past midfield only once, I believe.

Did Barry Turner see much action?

Barry played the first several series on defense and looked good, the defense looked complete tonight with him in there at end. The game wasn't very competitive but, Tyree and Ryan each scored multiple touchdowns along with Bill Kottas ( TD rec. ) and Josh Clark ( INT Ret. ). The passing game is improving but still needs some work, while the running game is dominate. The kickers were solid tonight combining for 6/6 on xp's and Baker had a nice punt. The defense was very solid against the Wing-T, even the 2nd and 3rd units had there way all night.

Good news: The team played well and showed how dominate we can be when everything is clicking. Bad News: It's only a scrimmage against an opponent much weaker than most of the teams we will play this year, including Centennial who we play next Friday.

Even though we were playing in a mis-match, I thought B.A. showed so much improvement! Really thought Brad looked solid at QB. He is throwing the ball so much better than he was a week ago. We had a good punt this week and made all extra points. I must say that Parker's spirit and leadership on defense is outstanding. Man there are some GREAT underclassmen out there! Tyree, Ryan, Dillon, Bill, Chase, and on and on! With the senior leadership this year we should win it all and DOMINATE for the next 3 years. Does anyone know what injury Dillon Searcy has? He had ice all over him after practice the other day and was limping at the scrimmage. I think he could be an important part of this defense this year-he's one of the hardest hitters I've seen in a long time.

ummmm i have been hearing that tyree ford now runs a 4.35 40 and it surprised me bc they his 40 faster than lamarcus coker who they have running a 4.4 and lamarcus is supposedly the fastest guy in nashville so i just got confused....but i have known tyree to be fast bc i played against him when he played at Una in the AAA championship bc i played for gra mar....but yea that was all i was wondering bc unless they have tyree's 40 time wrong or he is now the fastest guy in nashville which would be a great plus.....but oh well....im out........good luck this season and cant wait to play yall on either october 1st or the 8th...whichever week we play yall

I wish all you guys could have seen one of Tyree's long runs against Beech, it was around 60 yards and once he got by the secondary nobody was even remotly close to catching him. He was so far ahead of them the team just gave up and he could have walked into the endzone from 20 yards out. I don't know his exact 40 time, but he has to be one of the fastest backs in the state- amazingly as a sophomore.