Has Alcoa violated a TSSAA rule?

kingbrian3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i know, it will probably be no playoff action for a few years, probation, and maybe a fine? anyone care to chime in with more internal knowledge?

According to similar cases in the past, that sounds about right. Of course, each case is handled different but you can guarantee that the fine will happen...we all know that.

However, there have been similar things take place that nothing has happened. It all depends on who is involved and how politically entrenched they are. Some people may be putting the wagon before the horse, since all we have to go on is some internet chatter. Folks are checking into the validity and circumstances of it.

i've got a buddy who works at the ALCOA plant and he told me that his kid, who played a few years ago and knows one of the coaches fairly well, said the coach told him they engaged in this act, knowing it was wrong???? hope that's not the case though, maybe someone's story got twisted up somehow. this team has talent like no other, but it would be a shame to see it dwindle away from the lack of character the coaches showed. if for some reason this all turns out to be true, i wouldnt be surprised if maryville and william blount get ALL of the studs Alcoa has for the next 3 years.

Would it make a differance since they went out of state to do it? That is if it happened. I feal sorry for the players if they are punished for something like this. Because you know they had no knowledge about the rules, they just went to camp like their coaches said so. But none is proven, its just a rumor on a Internet website.

#1- Sewanee is on Mount Eagle, halfway between Murfreesboro and Chattanooga.

#2- The Alcoa players there were not the"best" or favorites", they were mostly underclassmen, only one senior attended, they raised the money thru carwashes.

#3- There were other teams there, but only with a few players, the only other "full" team there was Woodward Academy out of Georgia.

Was this camp at Sewanee the option camp? I know of a few players that went to the camp a couple of years back. It is not a full pad contact camp so if this is the camp they attended no rules were broken. It is an individual camp not a teamp camp and if they raised money to go seems all this talk is worthless. Sounds to me like someone trying to stir up the pot and get the tornadoes in trouble to me!!

For one the camp was in state vs. only one other team, Woodward Acadamy from GA and they raised the money through a Liftathon not car washes. Coach Reid took William Blount to the same camp before and no violation was put to William Blount so I expect none to be put to Alcoa

ETNGURU I was with you until you said "This team has talent like no other"! Give us all a break; Alcoa is not any more talented than any of the other area teams. Every year, year end and year out we all hear the same old thing: They are young, they are up and coming, they had a long way to travel, they are the fastest in the state and on and on and on. Alcoa has done nothing special since the State win a few years back and show no real signs of being a power in 2A, much less vs. the area 3, 4, 5A teams.

Most of us just want to know if a violation occurred. I think not. Some have said the coaches used bad judgment or were trying to gain an upper unfair hand. I know Coach Reid and Dunkin personally and these guys are only trying to get their kids ready to play. My hat is off to them for trying to go to camp because I think all teams should go to a camp like in the movie Remember the Titians.

History is written by the winners.

ETNGURU I was with you until you said "This team has talent like no other"! Give us all a break; Alcoa is not any more talented than any of the other area teams. Every year, year end and year out we all hear the same old thing: They are young, they are up and coming, they had a long way to travel, they are the fastest in the state and on and on and on. Alcoa has done nothing special since the State win a few years back and show no real signs of being a power in 2A, much less vs. the area 3, 4, 5A teams.

so you're telling me that maryville, william blount, and heritage have just as many athletes as Alcoa on a year to year basis????? If you think that, then you're sadly mistaken. Maybe winning a title, making the semi's the following year, and 2 years later making the semi's isnt good enough for you guys in your little "maryville world", but for most teams i'd say they'd take that 4 year stretch and run with it. I stated that Alcoa has loads of talent on their team for the next 3 years, and it would be a shame for poor judgement by the coaches to ruin that for them. The tradition of the Alcoa program gives them the title of "state power in 2A", just like Maryville's tradition gives them the title of "state power in 4A".