Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

Call 'em what you want to Roadrunner - they're still wearing the MAROON & WHITE!

825311892[/snapback]

You've been on my case the last few weeks, what's up with that? Panther called them the North Roadrunners and I just added a name for the Pilot team which we'll call them the West Roadrunners. But you're right, they're wearing the Maroon and White and the Red and Yellow. Those two teams meet up tonight and I wonder will I see Kwalker in the stands tonight?

Panther, I think the Baby Roadrunners are the only ones that don't recruit. Many of their players are from East Knoxville where the ROadrunners are based at. SO I'll say they don't recruit. I mean, I know most of our players are in that area but I might have to seal my lips because I don't know about the other teams...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right-I don't know a lot of the kids that play for AE but it appears that most of their youth players are from the general area of the schools affiliated with AE. Really, it's in their best interest to keep it that way-if not you're training a kid to beat you later when they go to high school somewhere else.

Where are you all at? I know you saw that game tonite. Fulton may be the second best team in the pee wee league but that team will NEVER beat Pilot. Fulton's defense played well-they always do but Pilot's played better. Guys-let's hear your takes on the game and then I'll give you mine. Thought Fulton would pick one of the helium filled baloon passes-thought I was watching a pie throwing contest! :(

Edited by PANTHER2331

saw the Pilot and fulton/roadrunner game tonight. suggest that fulton/roadrunners combine with central and Halls so they can compete with pilot. coaches should talk to the jr midget coaches to get some tips. that hentral team is really great. MW hasmay be the best coach in youth football.

CoachT.com was down and it finally let me on. I would've posted something earlier...

You can tell this was the first game of the season. Both teams looked sloppy to me. Fulton looked the sloppiest. There were to many bad exchanges between the center and QB. The center was getting blown off the ball. The Noseguard from Pilot was in the back field the whole night. The tackling was just pitiful. It was just a bad sign for a team that's supposed to be the best team in Knoxville.. The Falcons have a lot of work to get done. Defense, well I told SHANEC and a Baby Falcons coach that if a team throw a tight end dump pass they will eat that defense up and what did Pilot do? They threw a tight end dump pass. Baby Falcons just need to start all over and put this game behind them and think about Panther's boys :( CBFO.. Also, they might need to throw a couple of passes. I don't recall seeing one ball thrown by the Falcons...

Pilot; I was disappointed that one of my former players that plays for Pilot didn't play as much as he would've with the Roadrunners. What I liked about Pilot, they gave BT a chance to shine! THat's my BOY! BT showed off that speed of his and he broke a couple of tackles. But with all that said, Boat laid a hit on BT and both players were jawing at one another but it's all in the game. I can't wait to see BT in High School he's going to be the real deal. Will Pilot try to get him to stay in the Webb program???? I liked the starting back for Pilot he was hard to bring down. Former UT player son he was playing his butt off too. Pilot showed signs of a repeat but in my opinion, they're not as good as they were last year.

My opinon, if these two teams meet up again, Fulton wins in a close one.

I doubt you saw JP there but possible I guess. Was going to wait until Shane gave his thoughts but will go ahead. He is probably helping Fulton find a first down. :)

Fulton's defense will probably dominate every other team in the league-if they could ever get the offense up to par with their defense they would be on the same level as Pilot. But again-in my opinion there is no way they can beat Pilot. Pilot runs that cheesy offense but they have so much team speed. I hear their back-up QB has a broken leg and their starting QB has never made it through a season without getting injured-that could factor into things at some point this year. Wonder is anyone else saw the Fulton players throwing their helmets around at halftime and the one player walking off the field at the end of the game without shaking the Pilot player's hands?

After the first week of games my picks for playoff teams are Pilot, Fulton, CBFO and CCYSP.

Agree with you AE, BT looked good. #33 didn't run it nor did your FB from a couple years ago. Also, I heard that your former player was starting at left tackle-guess not. He's too good of an athlete to be on the sideline. You need to get all those players back over at AE next year so that there is a 3rd strong team in the league to go with Pilot and Fulton!

THIS JUST IN FROM BRISTOL- WELL NO FROM KNOXVILLE:

PILOT 12- FULTON 0, YES 0

OFFENSE:

PILOT 98 YARDS ON THE GROUND AND 34 BY AIR. WATCH OUT "AIR CORRIELL" NOW "AIR PILOT"

DEFENSE:

TOTAL SHUT DOWN, NEED EVEN A 1ST DOWN THE ENTIRE GAME, NONE, NOTTA NIL

GRANTED BOTH TEAMS FIRST GAMES AND LOOKED A LITTLE RUSTY BUT ONE TEAM NEEDED POLISH AND ONE NEEDED A SANDING AND REPAINTED.

CALL IT WHAT YOU MAY BUT THE WORST SHOW OF SPORTMANSHIP IN FOOTBALL. PLAYERS FROM FULTON CURSING, TRASHING TALKING EVEN WHEN DOWN 12-0 AND THEN THE DISPLAY AT THE END WHEN PLAYER WOULDN'T EVEN SHAKE PLAYERS AND COACHES HANDS.

WE HERE AT BRISTOL WOULD RATHER SEE THE SPORTMANSHIP, WIN OR LOSE

GOOD LUCK PILOT thumb

I doubt you saw JP there but possible I guess. Was going to wait until Shane gave his thoughts but will go ahead. He is probably helping Fulton find a first down. :)

Fulton's defense will probably dominate every other team in the league-if they could ever get the offense up to par with their defense they would be on the same level as Pilot. But again-in my opinion there is no way they can beat Pilot. Pilot runs that cheesy offense but they have so much team speed. I hear their back-up QB has a broken leg and their starting QB has never made it through a season without getting injured-that could factor into things at some point this year. Wonder is anyone else saw the Fulton players throwing their helmets around at halftime and the one player walking off the field at the end of the game without shaking the Pilot player's hands?

After the first week of games my picks for playoff teams are Pilot, Fulton, CBFO and CCYSP.

Agree with you AE, BT looked good. #33 didn't run it nor did your FB from a couple years ago. Also, I heard that your former player was starting at left tackle-guess not. He's too good of an athlete to be on the sideline. You need to get all those players back over at AE next year so that there is a 3rd strong team in the league to go with Pilot and Fulton!

825312824[/snapback]

According to ShaneC, Coach Winters noticed everything you saw with the players throwing their helmets and not shaking hands, he's going to take care of that at practice. But to speak up for Fulton, I would say this was first game jitters that's why things didn't go as planned. This game had to much hype behind it and the Fulton players just couldn't live up to the standards. But like I said, if these two teams meet up again, Fulton wins...

Now about Pilot's offense; The key to stopping that offense is to force the back inside and don't let'em hit the outside. Also, wrap up and make the tackle and not arm tackle. If the Falcons would've made some of their tackles, the game wouldn't have been so lopsided. Former player that plays for Pilot that didn't get a lot of playing time, he was upset because he had a X on his helment. He wanted to play WR but couldn't because of the X.

Next year; All of the players that left the Roadrunners are "supposed" to come back next year. The reason why most of them left this year is because they didn't want to play for the 11 year old coach. But next year, I'll say all of them should be back. I know 1 for sure will be back because his uncle is the head coach of the Midgets team.

Edited by AERoadrunners

I don't think the sportsmanship thing needs to get blown out of proportion. If one or 2 players didn't shake hands after the game-that is easily fixed. Fulton's coaches have always, in my opinion, acted in a very sportsmanlike way. They always seem to just go about their work-any trash talking by players-well that is just part of the game. When we see the Fulton players off the field we always get along with most of them great. They are simply very competitve. I agree, there was a lot of hype before this game-it's a great rivalry. Fulton will have a great year- I didn't think the game was that lopsided. Pilot didn't do much on offense either but botched snaps cost Fulton any chance of mounting any offense.

AE, I agree. Stopping Pilot's offense is as simple as forcing it inside and HITTING AND WRAPPING those backs. But, unless you have the athletes to do it you're in trouble. Most teams have to pick their poison-load up outside and they will pound you up the middle. But please, Pilot's passing game is not going to cause any defensive coach to lose any sleep.