What do you think of dresdens team

bigbluefan69

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden has no chance this year! Milan is still a great team & Humboldt and Peabody will be alright this year as well. Also, Union City should have a better season. The main team to look out for will be the Westview Chargers. We had an off year last year but are looking to bury everybody in the ground this year! So I repeat Dresden Lions have NO chance this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't under estimate hard work and dedication, these two things can win you some ball games even when you are "supposedly" down. Dresden plays Trenton at home this year should give them an edge, we will see. As, for WHS and U.C. they have to be better, i mean come on it could not of gotten much worse for two of the best programs in AA, And then there is of course Goliath, I mean Milan. They are the team to beat as for 2, 3, 4th, those positions are up for grabs. And as always staying healthy will be a concern for all teams.

I think some of you are putting everything in to tradition. I say Milan should be the favorite, and Humboldt up there with them but everyone else could be put in a hat right now. As far as what everyone lost to graduation, I would say going on that alone that Dresden would have to be towards the middle of the pack, 3rd or 4th. They only lost 4 starters off their defense, and 6 off the offense. That is not as much as some teams. For example UC lost at least 7 offensive starters and 6 or 7 off the defense. So I don't know exactly where to put anyone but to say the Dresden is definately going to finish last is off base I believe. Again this my opinion and everyone has their own. Good luck to everyone in region 7aa.

• 3 weeks later...

As I recall last year at about this time, Westview fans were talking a lot of stuff and then what happened, they choked through the whole season, Dresden did lose four straight but how many did Westview lose all together. I agree that Milan is the team to beat in the region because until they prove otherwise, they are the best team in the region. But Westview fans, just remember what happened last year and what all was said.

Humboldt seems to be the team to beat in 7-2A...Milan may give them a battle for the top spot. Trenton Peabody, Union City, Westview and Dresden will battle to see who gets the 3rd and 4th playoff spots.

Dresden lost too many to graduation last season to repeat the success of 2003. Leadership at quarterback and offensive and defensive line is very critical for a team to have a championship caliber season. Not to say that the Lions won't develop the leadership at those spots, but I believe it may be a year or so away.

TP, UC, WV & Dresden are all young.

Westview may be just a bit ahead of the others at the moment.

TP has to replace some key skill position players.

UC has a tough schedule with a limited young roster.

Dresden likewise has some key skill position spots to fill.

Humboldt returns so many talented players...if they can play week to week and not have a lull like they have in the past few years - the Vikings look to have what's the team to win the region.

Milan lost many off last year's great team. We know of the offensive players gone, but more importantly, the losses on defense may keep the Dawgs from repeating as region champs.

Best of luck to all of the teams...I'm looking forward to watching all of the teams in 7-2A this season.