Class 5A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Fact: Hunters Lane chanted "metro,metro,metro" while stomping and spitting on the "G" at midfield.

Fact: There was cursing from both sides

Fact: Your coach was asked to move to the endzone so the seniors could go through their traditional senior night routine.  Your coach told Lassiter to ....Off!  This was heard by many of the parents as well as the other coaches.

Funny way to ask for a joint prayer in my opinion.

Yes Abner is a lot more liked in Gallatin,...why because he has class and respect.  Since you want to make bold statements, what happened the previous year on your senior night?  I'll tell you what happened.  The home crowd consisted of about 50 people.  Gallatin stood and applauded for every football player, band member and cheerleader.  Why, because we have class!! We've been there, done it and have respect for other teams that haven't got it.  There are bad on both sides.  Not one team in this state has perfect fans or players.  Deal with it!!  Jumping on Gtowner for what we all know what happened is just ascinine!!  Why don't you jump on me a little.  I would love to tell you the metro butt whoopings that I have seen and will see this year.  Fact is you probably weren't even alive the last time a metro school beat Gallatin!!  I can't wait to come down to Dickerson Road this year!!  Not only to avenge a loss but to regain respect!!! :D

Quite simply, you have stated no facts.

After being cursed, "we ain't praying with no f---ing metro team", while asking for a group prayer, a handful of players did indeed yell "metro", and they were quickly silenced by their coach, as well as teammates.

The only conversation between the head coaches after the game, other the normal handshake and good-game comments, was HL's coach telling GHS's coach about the request for prayer. GHS's coach then declined. HL then did their midfield prayer like always before moving off the field. NO PARENT, COACH OR OTHER HEARD ANYONE FROM HL CURSE LASSITER. THAT'S A TOTAL LIE.

Abner was liked because you whipped his teams. Had you lost in '02 to end your season, you'd poor mouth him too.

By the way, the same player who cursed out the HL captain asking about the prayer, continually gouged HL players in the eyes during the game. 5 or 6 players left the game after being gauged in the eyes. And a few GHS fans, including two elderly men, were still taunting HL kids as they left the field, this included racial epithets. How classy is that?

FINAL COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT FROM ME: Most of the Gallatin players had class, even during a tough night. Ditto for most fans. A few HL players did yell "metro" after the game. Even if provoked, they were wrong. The accusations that HL lacks discipline and class is absurd.

And finally, come on down Dickerson Road, pay your $6 for the 7:00 kickoff, and sit on the visitor side. Watch the game. But, don't start no stuff that you can't finish. And you best not wear no green in Tommy's Country Playhouse after the game. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact: Hunters Lane chanted "metro,metro,metro" while stomping and spitting on the "G" at midfield.

Fact: There was cursing from both sides

Fact: Your coach was asked to move to the endzone so the seniors could go through their traditional senior night routine.  Your coach told Lassiter to ....Off!  This was heard by many of the parents as well as the other coaches.

Funny way to ask for a joint prayer in my opinion.

Yes Abner is a lot more liked in Gallatin,...why because he has class and respect.  Since you want to make bold statements, what happened the previous year on your senior night?  I'll tell you what happened.  The home crowd consisted of about 50 people.  Gallatin stood and applauded for every football player, band member and cheerleader.  Why, because we have class!! We've been there, done it and have respect for other teams that haven't got it.  There are bad on both sides.  Not one team in this state has perfect fans or players.  Deal with it!!  Jumping on Gtowner for what we all know what happened is just ascinine!!  Why don't you jump on me a little.  I would love to tell you the metro butt whoopings that I have seen and will see this year.  Fact is you probably weren't even alive the last time a metro school beat Gallatin!!  I can't wait to come down to Dickerson Road this year!!  Not only to avenge a loss but to regain respect!!! :D

Quite simply, you have stated no facts.

After being cursed, "we ain't praying with no f---ing metro team", while asking for a group prayer, a handful of players did indeed yell "metro", and they were quickly silenced by their coach, as well as teammates.

The only conversation between the head coaches after the game, other the normal handshake and good-game comments, was HL's coach telling GHS's coach about the request for prayer. GHS's coach then declined. HL then did their midfield prayer like always before moving off the field. NO PARENT, COACH OR OTHER HEARD ANYONE FROM HL CURSE LASSITER. THAT'S A TOTAL LIE.

Abner was liked because you whipped his teams. Had you lost in '02 to end your season, you'd poor mouth him too.

By the way, the same player who cursed out the HL captain asking about the prayer, continually gouged HL players in the eyes during the game. 5 or 6 players left the game after being gauged in the eyes. And a few GHS fans, including two elderly men, were still taunting HL kids as they left the field, this included racial epithets. How classy is that?

FINAL COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT FROM ME: Most of the Gallatin players had class, even during a tough night. Ditto for most fans. A few HL players did yell "metro" after the game. Even if provoked, they were wrong. The accusations that HL lacks discipline and class is absurd.

And finally, come on down Dickerson Road, pay your $6 for the 7:00 kickoff, and sit on the visitor side. Watch the game. But, don't start no stuff that you can't finish. And you best not wear no green in Tommy's Country Playhouse after the game. :D

That isn't a lie, dude. I have been told by more than one person what went down. Now did I hear it, No. Should I have commented on it, no probably not. But parents, relatives and coaches have all said the same thing. There is no variation in the story. Also I witnessed myself the Hunters Lane player mocking and clapping when one of our players got hurt in the second half. That is on tape!! And you conveniently forgot about the stomping and spitting!

Abner showed class and he gets respect for that. I believe he taught that as well. After the game 2 years ago both teams did pray together. And Darius Barnes went out of his way to congratulate us on the win. That was character. I witnessed none of that from Hunters Lane last year. Yeah, ya'll won. After realizing how few times that happens for metro, I even understand why it is thrown in our face this whole offseason. But don't get on here and act like the Warriors are saints.

I'll pay my $6 for the 7:00 kickoff, sit on the visitors side, watch the game and conduct myself accordingly. Don't you get out of line either, you can bet we'll outnumber you 4 to 1. But don't you worry about me and my thousand or so green and gold clad compadres. We do all our victory celebrations back in Gallatin. :P

If I don't get to the game at 5:00 then I won't get a seat on that sorry vistors side, so I might just be sitting next to you, Curtis. :D We'll try and take it easy on you guys at your house this year. Why, cause we have class! Anyways, this is going to be an exciting year with so much crap a'flyin. I am going to get a kick out of beating HL and McGavock this season! thumb

Hendersonville had their picture day last friday. Looks like they will field some new uniforms. The white numbers have been replaced by gold ones. I heard that they looked pretty sharp. The practice field at Hendersonville has finally got some grass on it. Looks like it is just in time.

Ok, here we go again, I went to Gallatin to see a good game last year, which I did. I love to watch football and see games each week. From an UNBIASED account on what happened, AGAIN, here is what I observed from the front row of the visitor side.

1. Game ended and both teams went to shake hands.

2. Several HL players asked and motioned for Gallatin's players to join them in prayer at midfiled. Many Gallatin players said no and went toward the endzone. Several HL parents stated they pray with the other team after every game. I saw several players respond and go toward the "G", but were yelled at by a Gallatin coach (tall, muscular black guy) and they returned to the end zone. I did see several Galatin players give a motion of 'go away' with their hands and heard one Gallatin player (white kid, number forgotten but big as a lineman) shout "I ain't praying with no metro team". There were also many adults (parents ?) on the field. I heard several yell for HL to 'go back home'. There was one older woman who had a sign waving at the HL team first and then to the visitor stands which read "Still Region Champs". There were several adult males yelling at the HL players while they huddled at the 50.

3. As HL started to kneel for their prayer, several Gallatin adults were yelling at the HL players to get off their field and go back to "Metro". They, along with myself, had no idea about the Gallatin 'ritual' of after the last home game. The parents yelling at HL apparantly set off a couple of HL players and they did start yelling 'Metro Metro Metro'. I saw several HL coaches, one tall blonde and also the head coach, jump in and told them to calm down. He said a quick word to them and they started to leave the field.

4. As they started to leave the field, a couple of Gallatin adults (one was actually wearing overalls, no joke) started following HL off the field. They were saying something about 'no class' and other things which I could not hear to several HL coaches who were bringing up the rear. The tall blonde HL coach stopped and motioned for them to go back to their team. A police officer, from Sumner County, was standing there, nodded his head, and gave the same motion to the adults. The HL team went to their buses and left.

Conclusion: Gallatin was obviously dejected about losing a game at home, being knocked out of the playoffs, and the TSSAA ruling. HL was obviously upbeat about winning at Gallatin and playing for the region title the next week. Other than a couple of Gallatin players and about 10-15 parents, Gallatin behaved ok. HL, in my UNBIASED opinion, reacted when provoked by the above few Gallatin players and adults. Again, they had no idea about the post game ritual. And by the way, I did not see the 'stomping on the G' as a disrespectful act. It was an act by a team which, some would say, pulled an upset on the road, and were celebrating by being excited. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS than pure excitement. There is a big difference in stomping and jumping up and down in celebration, which was what the HL players did.

Curious question???? Is it common practice for adults (parents?) to be on the field at the conclusion of a game? I have only seen it twice in the last several years of observing games. At Hendersonville and Gallatin. For what it is worth, the adults need to stay off the field unless it is a special event (the last game ritual for senior parents is ok). I think that had a major impact on what happened that night!

Yes, it is very common. I myself have gone onto the field a number of occasions at home and away. Mostly to hear the coaches reactions which they give and to say good game to some of the players that I know. This game I left for the radio to hear the stats which is what I do most of the time. All I know is what I have been told my multiple sources. And these sources do not interact. It just seems funny I get the same story from everybody. Exactly the same. Probably some truth to both sides and overstating the facts from their own point of perspective.

I hoped you liked offense because that is about all you saw sportsfanman...about 1000 yards worth of it.

What happened or did not happen is over and done with,....what remains is the reaction. That will come in October. :lol:

Edited by GWAVE1

Yeah, Baron, I could go for some ice cream myself. :unsure: Lets just put all of this silly arguing behind us and look forward to this season. That is the first that I have heard of new uniforms at H-ville. They sound pretty sharp! Week 0 is just one month away, I'm stoked already!!! Speaking of Just1, has anyone heard from Just1np lately? I miss that guy!

Well what do you think about the new look on the jerseys?  And what are my chances at getting some free ice cream at Baskin Robbins?  Assuming you still work there.

825290353[/snapback]

Honestly, I havent gotten the chance to see the new jerseys. Ive heard they looking interesting....

Alright, about the ice cream, haha. Yeah, i still work there. Im an assistant manager. If you come in, and tell me your loggin name....i think i can help you out, lol. Stop by at night, thats when i work the majority of the time, and ask for me. If not free...discounted, lol. I can help out a fellow coacht member. Goes for you as well Gtowner. (I cant believe im helping people from Gallatin, hahaha, jk :unsure: )