Best MidTN Football staffs (overall) Top 5

B52Bomber

OK, taking motivation from Croach, here we go: My picks for the best overall staffs in Middle Tennessee based on performance, experience, past success, and future potential.

1) Riverdale (consistent winners)

2) Hillsboro ( must be doing something right)

3) Lipscomb ( never misses a beat)

4) Trousdale ( does anyone want to play them?)

5) Marshall Co. ( already good and continues to improve)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin has assembled one of the best staffs around. They have Tim Johnson at the top... no more needs to be said about him. Below him are two former head coaches in offensive coordinator Danny Nowell and defensive coordinator (from Henry Co.) Webb. Look at special teams under Ken Curtis and the kickers under Howard "Granddaddy" Gamble. They had amassed a crazy number of points (with kickoff and punt returns always being a threat for a TD and DeFatta/Campbell being 99% automatic on EPs/FGs). There's a couple other postion coaches that have done a great job. If they're not in the top 5, they're very close.

I would have to say Riverdale at # 1. I played there 5 years ago and those coaches were soooooo dedicated to winning. During games they were mad as hornets if the other team even gained 5 yards. Lincoln County is at #2. When my team, Blackman, beat them at the Pit in 2001, maybe 10 minutes after the game every coach was in our locker room watching film of the game and trying to figure out what went wrong.

I don't know any others.