Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

Oakland vs Riverdale is a huge rivalry. It was a little weakened by two small schools called Blackman and siegel, but as soon as Oakland puts together a good team and riverdale still has a good team, then the rivalry will once again become huge.

dude i have no idea who u r but ur right man!!!! gosh we have got to meet one day...i live in murfreesboro what bout urself??

South Greene and Cocke County. Even though it's only four years old this coming season its real big for some of the sg boys who live in Cocke county but go to South Greene.SG got stroked at home by CC the first year then SG went to CC two years straight because of scheduling difficulties and beat them at their house two years straight.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo true..You never see more hate than at a Mowest/JeffCo game...

MoWest/Greenville is pretty heated too

MoWest/Maryville is a good game, but there is never any hate in this game...I think both teams in this rivalry respect each other unlike mowest/greenville,mowest/jeffco

i say stewart county and houston county are the biggest rivalry in the state

i say stewart county and houston county are the biggest rivalry in the state

South pitts and Marion County absolutely hate each other! In 1954, They had to call off the game because of violent breakout in the crowds and players. And everygame that is played between these two teams is close to violent breakouts, 4 or 5 players always gets thrown out-sometimes more, fights in the crowds breakout everyfew seconds, and there is more cops at this game than anyother game that is played in the county. They hate each other and there is never hardly any respect. Everygame is a close one just about, no matter how much better one team is that year. If there is a game more heated than this one, I dont want to be there. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, there are too many H.S.'s in Rutherford Co. I started MTSU in 1980 and got a masters finishing in 1986. The ONLY high schools were Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna and Lavergne and a K-12 at Eagleville that was never mentioned (my favorite btw as K-12 Single A is the best.) Now you guys are fussing about rivalries and non-existent rivalries, or rivalries that should have been, or have died. Man, TSSAA needs to make Rutherford Co. their own region.

That's pretty funny and yet interesting at the same time. Not only are all the high school state championships moving to Middle Tennessee I believe there was a publication out there that said the TSSAA was moving their headquarters to Murfreesboro.

And by the way, there is a fifth high school being built in Murfreesboro and plans on the table for a sixth.