Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

i wouldn't say that the riverdale-lincoln county rivalry is the best now. if you want a bad blood rivalry, the riverdale-blackman game is tops in this area. these two teams hate each other with a passion. the riverdale-oakland game is still huge, but its more of a mutual respect rivalry than a hatred rivalry.

I AGREE

too bad the riverdale-blackman rivalry is lop-side now, since blackman graduated all of riverdales players :lol:

I wonder how far the city of Murfreesboro is willing to go when it comes to building new school after new school? I guess they have to accomodate the growing population and by the influx of people coming into Rutherford schools like Riverdale and Oakland must continue to replenish themselves.

The fifth high school that I thought was under construction which I mentioned above I believe it is in the final planning stages with construction to begin within the year. This is not the same as the proposed new high school in Rockvale though. This one is somewhere else, and a buddy of mine who is close to Middle Tennessee (the university) and the city of Murfreesboro told me where the new school was being built and what it was to be called, but for the life of me I can't remember.

That Rockvale school though may be the "sixth future high school" that was mentioned to me by my friend. I want to say that Oakland and/or Siegel will be affected by the new fifth high school.

• 2 weeks later...

The Riverdale-Oakland rivalry is a mutual rivalry in all sports. Toned down a little since the opening of Blackman and Siegel. Now the rivalries have turned to being Riverdale-Blackman and Oakland-Siegel. Really because the schoolboard gave people the chance to leave Oakland and go to Siegel. Both of sides now hate each other which isn't exactly a good thing.

Edited by Bacillum