maryville vs. oak ridge scrimmage

mreb33101

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said earlier this morning I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I can't resist.

PepVol: Good post. I agree.

Philster: Shame on you. You should be embarassed to show up at practice.

Toki McCray deserved his scholarship at NC State. When Mike O'Cain left to go to Clemson, Toki lost his biggest supporter and the coach that recruited him. He had modest success at EKU primarily because of injuries. If a local kid gets recruited by schools other than UT, most posters just talk about how he really wasn't "good enough." If they aren't all conference and in the pro's it becomes "see, I told you so." You have no idea the impact of injuries on the college career. This is an arena that I am far too personally acquainted. You've got to manage to stay healthy in order to succeed at the college level and the brutality of the college game makes that pretty unlikely. Often the most successful college athletes are those that manage to stay lucky in the injury category.

You can talk about how you're going to whip your opponent on Friday night, but if all you've got to do is sit around and talk bad about kids then you indeed have a sad life.

A poor man's Micheal George. What a bunch of crap. Yeah Toki only went 15-0 his senior year, what an awful player. Anyway, I don't like responding to ignorant comments. Alot of people forget what colleges recruit for these days. Most of the time the big schools recruit athletes not ballplayers. Cade is a good football player, just look at him physically. He's tall, can move (Improved his speed in the off-season a ton he ran somewhere round 4.7 in the 40) and he has a good head for the game. That is what they look for. I have played with Cade and he keeps a very cool and collected manner no matter what which also makes him a good fit at a big school. You can't coach natural abilities like size. That is what these big schools are after.

Could the absence of GQ and ClemsonDad from Friday's scrimmage be part of the problem?

Go Rebs.

And congrats ClemsonDad.

825300177[/snapback]

STARS,

I would have to say that GQ not being at the scrimmage had a great deal to do with the outcome. When the boss is away people don't always perform their best.

To who ever put up the pictures of the Maryville OR Scrimmage, thanks and great job.

I also think GQ not being there was a factor. Lets move on! I was on of the quys who may have been mis-understood concerning Cade's Talent. I think he is a good HS QB and know he is a hard working young man. I support him 110% in his bid to lead the Rebels to victory this year and to play at the next level should his Reported "Verbel" become an actual contract. I do think if he has excepted an offer and can get that distraction out of his way the more better for him and the team.

This team has lot of holes to fill this year, but the TEAM and staff has gotten it done year after year. I can tell you the coaching staff were not happy when practice started today. The intensity will be there and the young guys on the "D" are working very hard to step it up. I hope the RB's get healthy and Garner heals quick. Injury is always a distraction.

See you at AE, I'll be the guy with the red hat! Go Rebs!

All right, Clemson Dad. You've put me in my place, so I apologize to everybody for my comments. Despite my complete amazement at this D1 attention on our current quarterback, I do hope Cade DOES make it at the next level. Moreover, I hope Toki goes on to be a NFL player, too, somehow, and I'm also cheering for Chuck Prugh to compete at UT and maybe have a chance to impress scouts, although I'm worried about his irregular heartbeat.

(By the way - I've been wondering - ClemsonDad, are you Joe Black?)