AE/Maryville scrimmage

AERoadrunners

Well, the talking is finally over and the scrimmage is almost here. What's your take on this scrimmage? Who are the players that you're looking forward to see?

I'm just looking forward to seeing the Maryville team. I will decide rather to be for Maryville or pick against them at this scrimmage. I'm looking forward to seeing all you CoachT posters that bleeds that Red and Black. I'm also looking forward to seeing 2 well coached teams going at it. I wish you Maryville peeps the best of luck and ALways remember, "It's Hard being a ROADRUNNER!"

Booyah :blink:

CoachT should get some shirts drawn up that reads, "I'm so so(your CoachT screenName) on CoachT" Then we'll know who's who

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville struggled against Oak Ridge. Maryville had no run game vs Oak Ridge. Maryville needs a healthy Ryan Tallent and Adrian Baker. Those 2 kids may not scrimmage vs AE. Maryville may save them for Carter in 2 weeks. Baker and Tallent are the only Maryville backs that can break tackles.

Maryville is still trying to find out who will be the starting defensive line. They have no one who can rush the quarterback like Andrew Hodge and Drew Galyon. The linebackers are good. Corners need to improve. Rebels are missing Dave Garner at safety. Dave will be back in 5 weeks. He pulled a hamstring.

What concerns me is Maryville came out with no fire at the Oak Ridge scrimmage. Oak Ridge was a lot more fired up.I know AE will come out fired up. If Maryville comes out flat vs AE then AE will beat them also. The Maryville players have to realize that they are a target. A feather in someone cap if they beat Maryville. All these schools want to beat Maryville badly.

Maryville's seniors need to step it up !! they only have so many more chances to establish their legacy at Maryvlle high school . to come out with no intensity or fire is inexcusable !! leaders need to come forward . if they think they can just step on a field and intimidate the other team they're sadly mistaken . every time Maryville takes the field now , whether it's a scrimmage game , regular season , or playoff game , Maryville has a huge bullseye on their back . Edited by pepvol

I disagree with both of you when you're saying everyone is out to beat Maryville. In my opinion, Maryville is along with the rest of these teams are out to beat the team that won it all last year. They're the team with the Bulls eye on their jerseys.

So the scrimmage against OR didn't look good for Maryville. Well, I don't know anything about the Alcoa scrimmage yesterday. I wasn't able to attend and I haven't talked to anyone about it. But I think AE had a bad scrimmage yesterday too.

I agree with Pepvol and RebRon, the seniors do need to step it up!! There was not much intensity vs. OR. I think leaders need to come forward. Maryville does intimidate many other teams but they're sadly mistaken if this will continue if the Rebs don't kick some butt and take a few names.

Agree with Ron on the front seven but it is early. Replacing kids like Hodge and Drew G is easier said than done. I can't recall OR beating us deep so the rush had little time to develop, but your right the intensity needs to come up.

I'd have to say this one will go to Maryville. i know Mcallister and Harris didnt play against Alcoa in thier criammge...but Alcoa ran all over them. Alcoas line was owning both sides, and alcoa drilled them. so with that said Maryville will win this one.

825299894[/snapback]

That explains a lot right there. Those 2 guys are difference makers. I hope McCallister plays vs Maryville because I enjoy watching him. Pepvol and Insider are going to the scrimmage with me and I want them to see McCallister.