Is Cade Thompson D-1 Material?

TnVols23

Only time will tell if he is D1 material or not, but at this time UNC thinks so and that is all that matters.

I wish that UT recruited more local kids, but it is hard to argue with the caliber of QB's they have had in the Fulmer era.

If you want to talk about not looking at local kids the basketball program would fall into that category, but I guess that is another board.

825301909[/snapback]

Go ahead and add basball to that mix. UT has let so much tallent slip out in all sports. It's laughable if it were not so sad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBEmeritus,

I am surprised that you feel that way about your alma matre. Didn't you grow up in West Tennessee?

825302385[/snapback]

Did attend a few classes at UT and a few ball games in the flesh, but did not grow up in West TN. No spin here, I think the college game is on the slippery slope because of dirty deals, coaches and administrators’ looking the other way until the press gets wind of things and incidents and starts asking questions. Then and only then is action taken. The coaches and some connected alumni are making millions on the backs of kids playing the game and UT is no different than any other program. College Football has become all about business, not sports. The idea a kid’s mother can get sick at home 2000 miles away and the program can’t or won’t openly fly the kid home for a visit is a laugh and a shame. Greed is destroying the Game. I will no longer contribute to a system that is corrupting the great game of football and young people in any fashion. I think college athletes should go to class and get decent grades so if they make do make it to the big time they are not dump as a bag of hammers and allow their strap hangers to bankrupt them after their playing days are over. Next time someone tells you a college education is worth 100K, ask them what the cost of a semester hour is for an English or math class. It’s the same for that required enlighten bowling class! Gee, maybe I’ll tell you how I really feel sometime!!

I see that msgov is still bitter over Brent Burnett leaving Halls and going to Maryville.

Brent Burnett finished real high in his age group at the Furman camp. He may not run real fast now but he can work on that and improve his speed. I know he has a great arm. He has a rocket. His arm is almost as strong as Cade's arm now. Cade wasn't nearly as big and strong as Brent when he was a freshman. Brent also has touch on his passes.

If Brent wasn't worth a crap there wouldn't be so many people bitter over him leaving Halls for Maryville.I know if some scrub benchwarmer left Maryville to transfer to another school it wouldn't bother me at all.Now if someone like Cade Thompson,Ryan Tallent and Andrew Clement transfered to another school I wouldn't like it too well.

All these folks not supporting UT football is really killing it I mean the stadium is empty they hardly ever win a game and season tickets now come free with a loaf of bread..

You may not have noticed but----------------------

Season ticket sales are out the roof the football team is hugely in the red every year (and even gives money every year to the school and by the way not one cent of public money goes to the football team so whatever is wrong with professors pay/eduication has nothing to do with football).

Pil Fulmer has won one national chamionship and still has the highest winning percentage of active coaches during his tenure. He must know something about recruiting. Of course you note Vanderbilt recruiting a player that UT passed on

Well there are usually about 70 or more every yr on Vandys team that UT and everybody else(sec) passed on also.

Clemson Dad/fb emeritus

I go to a lot of games and want you to know no one misses you a bit!

Here are some other things you might not want to support and cause their down fall.

microsoft

coke

nike

nascar

nfl

They will all miss you about as much as UT football does.

To Mr. 82Cat

Really, not “One cent of public money goes to the football team”. Gee, I wonder how much the team paid for the use and up keep of that old stadium that they are going to ask the taxpayers or the school to refurbish with in the next three years?

Source UT AD Hamilton:

Q: You have said you will be spending $50 million to $100 million long-range on Neyland Stadium. What changes will people see at Neyland Stadium this fall?

A: "A lot of it you won't see. We are in the process of renovating our football team locker room, which is $300,000. We initiated the stadium master-plan process, which cost $250,000 to hire the architects. We are repainting half of the underneath portion of the south end zone upper deck, which has not been painted since 1982. That costs $286,000. We have spent $100,000 on renovation of women's restrooms."

True, Season ticket sales are out (of) the roof but the cost of them sky boxes is in the millions and if your grandfathered you won’t have to pay the 5-10K extortion, (er I mean Donation) for the rights to buy a couple of seats for a game like UNLV! Wait a minute: AD Hamilton is after those dead beat grandfathered ticket holders too! And you are right the football team…….. has little to due with professors pay/education nothing at all. By the way Education is spelled education, at least when I attended college.

Coach Fulmer has won one national chamionship (Championship) and may have a great winning percentage of active coaches during his tenure. He and his staff are also some of the highest paid around the country with even some back door bonuses paid every year regardless of the lack of Conference wins or bowl loses.

Then Up next for UT athletics and those taxpayers is “Building a practice facility ranks ahead of overhauling Thompson-Boling Arena when it comes to prioritizing Tennessee's big-bucks basketball needs” says Hamilton. "We looked at a lot of different facets,'' said Hamilton, "seating configurations, hospitality areas, sky boxes, facade redesign, but the number-one priority is to build a dedicated practice facility.'' I wonder how many million this will take? Just for a program to have afew extra hoops.

If you think all this cash comes from tuition, TV contracts and the sales of orange hats like yours, think again. And let’s not even talk about the cost of clowns UT has hired to run that instution of higher learning the past few years! Man, don’t get me started. HS football is the last bastion of pure football, no question!

Once again every single thing you noted is paid out of athletic dept dollars not taxpayers.

Could care less about basketball at UT (unless it's the womens team that was for yrs before it became self sufficient was paid for by that evil football team)

Anyway stay home go fishing spell ck chat board post whatever

because the vols don't need ya

By the way I may occasionally mis spell education but I sure enjoy my sky box ;)

Edited by 82cat