Oak ridge vs MTown West Scrimmage

bmart

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask and you shall receive!

Oak Ridge won the scrimmage 26-7. It wasn't that close.

The format was more game-like than the 10 and 10.

We dominated both lines of scrimmage. Gulmire and Vane ran very well. Our second unit got a lot of work. Defense line was able to rotate 8 players which if that trend holds, we'll be in good shape. Revel Coffey got a lot of work tonight at QB and looked much more comfortable back there. Scott did a very good job with the play action again. The conditions were pretty bad and that led to a lot of dropped balls. We dropped 3 sure touchdown passes that would have made the score a lot worse than it ended up.

I was not impressed with Mo West's defense at all. The linebackers did not pursue well and the pass coverage was none existent. They have a lot of work to do before next week. The offense was pretty tough, but their only TD was their 1st going against our 2nd team.

I like where we are at this point, there is still much work to be done, but I think this team has the potential to be something special.

Edited by boyfromsi

Why couldn't you guys drop those passes last week :angry:

Congratulations on your win. Maryville didn't play well last week and they were missing their best tailback.I know that Oak Ridge whipped Maryville also.

I also know that Oak Ridge is very good and will go a long way. I predict that Dobyns Bennet or Oak Ridge will play Riverdale in the semifinals.

Because Maryville didn't leave us that wide-open! Seriously, right now Maryville is a far better team than Mo West. Of course, since you all will probably play them twice do watch out.

I know a lot of people expect us and DB to be the class of the east, but there are several good teams that might have something to say about that. That's why it's important to keep working hard and getting better. Maryville should live up to their pre-season hype and go far.

BTW, Mo West will not be able to stop the Rebel passing game.

i agree Tweederol50 !! Mo west will get much better as the year goes along . i thought they might struggle some at the first of the season , geez you can't lose the quality players they lost and not skip a beat . coach Woods will have them ready for us i'm sure . Oak Ridge is sounding really tough right now , i think it just may come down to them or Riverdale . if it did , they wouldn't meet in the final would they ??? it would be a semi -final game i believe , that would be a shame .

Thanks for the info. I don't agree "Maryville should always worry about mowest". statement. Maryville respects all teams, but does not really worry about MoWest any more than others. As a fan, if there were a team(s) this year to be concerned about it would be region foes like Central and Powell this year, like others. Mo West is a good primer for the season but I still don't look at the Trojans as a dominate team. I have all the respect in the world for Coach Woods, but the program is not a re-loader like OR, DB or Maryville, at least yet.

It is early but with a backfield of seniors like Minnich, Lovelace and James, all seniors I think I expect the Trojan "O" to score some points but The "D" lost big in graduation.

I was impressed with the early execution of OR vs. Maryville. Given the Reb's were somewhat flat, not any excuse, but the past years it has not been that way. I expect OR to be the beast in the east and DB will have their hands full when they visit OR. Last year OR had little trouble beating DB at their place once they got going in the 2nd half as I remember it. OR's Gulmer will be a stud but the draw back is playing both ways at the 5A level as I see it. Thanks for the info. Good luck to both teams.