WORST HEARTBREAKING LOSSES

westtn2004state

Cumberland county faked xtra point to take a 28-27 lead with less than a minute to go at Mcminn. Mcminn then kicks a 54 yd. field goal with 8 seconds to go to win 30-28 in 2002

825306773[/snapback]

That ones good, you could probably add the game last year on there for McMinn too. Up 16-0 and Cumberland comes back in the 2nd half to win.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2001, Whitwell had broken a 26 game losing streak and had won their first 4 including a shocker at powerhouse Boyd-Buchanan. They were down 14-6 to county rival Marion County and driving with only a couple of minutes to play. Mr. Football candidate Bubba Austin was stopped at the one yard line with no time on the clock. Whitwell returned the favor two years later beating the Warriors two years later 17-14 for the Tigers' first win in 16 years over Marion.

It has to be Trousdale vs DCA playoffs, not sure of the year 88 or 89. Trousdale winning inside the five yard line going in to put salt in the wound on the last play of the game. Oh my, fumble on the play, Scooter Edwards picks it up goes 99 yards to score as the horn sounds. DCA wins goes on to win the state. Has to be most heartbreaking loss of any I have ever heard of.

825306483[/snapback]

:D I do believe that was 88'. Rodney Solomon fumbled the ball didn't he. I had almost blocked that from my memory.......Thanks for reminding me! lol

As funny as it sounds Clinton and Carter had a good one last year. You know the Clinton fans didnt have much to cheer about, but the nine of us that night in South Knoxville (carter) made our presence. We lost in a hard fought game 14-7. Dye took the lead with a Mike Vick-like scramble 7-6. Carter came right back late in the 4th and won it 14-7. We had one more chance.......4 and it was over

Guest Oakland

i remember that one, i was fortunate enuff to sit in one of the sky box suites, right in front of former alabama defensive coordinator bill oliver, who was there to look at duke and peebles, but i guess he got a good one in fernando bryant