WORST HEARTBREAKING LOSSES

westtn2004state

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2.........

2003) Kingston is up on Seymore 20-13 at half ....Seymore has a good drive in the last 2 minutess and scores. the score is 20-20....Seymore gets the ball first...Kingston holds tem to like 3rd & 17 t. Their field goal kicker hits a 52 yd. field goal with 04.2 seconds left to end the game...Seymore 23 Kingston 20

The Heartbreak about the story is the kicker hadn't hit a kick over 40 yds. the whole year........

1999) Harriman at AE .Second round playoffs...this was Harriman's last good season ....with .03 seconds left,Scroed tied 14-14. Harriman has one last play....they are on the 13 yd line. ...as soon as he snaps the ball the QB is already being pursued....He scrambles for about a good 5 seconds then throws the ugliest pass to the back of the left endzone......Its caught by the Harriman RB who somehow escaped the backfield....dove for the ball and flipped his body around to ensure the catch....Harrman wins 20-14. They went on to be Destroyed by GoodPasture 42-6...Shocka Hill had like 250 yds rushing against them...Them GP boys were BIG.

2001 clinic bowl

my freshman year

Bga vs Briarcrest

game tied 7-7 with just a few seconds left. BGA misses 30 yard feild goal to win the game. the game goes into overtime. both teams kick feild goals from inside the 5. game tied 10-10. Bga gets ball first kick feild goal from 2. Briarcrest gets to 4th and 1 from 1. throws a screen pass and player dives into endzone. briarcrest wins in double overtime 13-10.

thats heartbreaking.

1995- Clarksville Northeast vs. Academy BA went on to win this state Quarterfinal game 7-3. Northeast was leading 3-0 before halftime with a few seconds left. A hail mary pass was called back due to a Northeast pass interference. One play left...no time on the clock....BA threw one final hail mary into the endzone. The Northeast sophmore defender fell down leaving his receiver wide open. BA went into the half leading 7-3. Both defenses shut each other down in the second half leaving that the final score. We at Northeast were counted out from the beginning, but both teams knew it was going to be close. By far, the biggest crowd I have ever seen at a high school football game. Never again will I be in an environment that intense and action packed. Ask any member of either team or any fan that came to the game and they will tell you this was the best high school football game ever!!

got a new one to add to the list.....Siegel Blackman last night..... SIegel scores with 3 min to go Blackman gets down to the 27 yd line and is stopped....42 yd field goal with 36 seconds left by Blackman in OT...Blackman scores.....then Siegel scores on a fourth down from the 6 then Siegel misses a field goal by about two inches in the next OT then Blcakman makes a 22 yd to win it

ADD on top of this that Siegel has never won a game and was on the verge of History

Edited by Harris' hooligans

I have several and they all stem from one rivalry

1995 - MBA v BA - Austin Kemp stuffs Max Fuller on a fourth down option play in overtime that sends the Eagles onward to face a mediocre Jefferson Co. team in the Clinic Bowl.

1998 - MBA v BA - Clinic Bowl - Heavily favored Brentwood Ac. sees Benji Walker's pass deflected at the line of scrimmage and picked off by senior Cole Barfield to clinch the game for the Big Red. BA needed a field goal to win.

2000 - MBA v BA - Clinic Bowl - Ingle Martin and a vaunted Big Red team narrowly escape defeat as Junior Kody Bliss's field goal sails wide. Granted it was from 50+ yds on college uprights, he was making them all year.

2003 - MBA v BA - It's hard for me to even come to grips with how those refs mismanaged that game. Nevertheless, it spoiled the Big Red's perfect season and hopes of a top 5 national ranking. We still thumped 'em in the one that counted though.

HM - 2001 Clinic Bowl BA v McCallie

825306414[/snapback]

The Refs did screw MBA over.