middle school football

Hawk4life

Oneida had 3 scrimmages this spring, Jacksboro, Wartburg/Coalfield 3 way, and Wayne Co Ky. They were at Wayne Co on the 19th. I saw the Jacksboro one, D looked OK, offense was s-l-o-w. I am told they won the other 2, but you know how that goes.......

Same story from all, D looks ok, but the offense doesn't roll. We will see what they can get going, but I do not see them competing for the region this year.

Edited by CrushMonster

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. CrushMonster give us a report on who beat who in middle school ball this week.  Oneida, Fairview, Huntsville, etc........... :lol:

825317354[/snapback]

The Jacksboro Eagles were crushed on the road at William Blount Wildcats 49-8. The Eagles were out of synch all night and the Wildcats played a flawless game by by #34 Lails, who looked like a man among boys.

The Eagles had a fairly good preseason with a jamobree victory over Horace Maynard , a close jamboree loss to OR Jefferson (watch out for the DeMarcus kid - blazing speed) and an 8-8 tie in a 3 hour marathon scrimmage at Oneida. In the Oneida scrimmage, the Eagles had 15 turnovers, most of them unforced. In a scrimmage at Jellico, the Eagles manhandled the Blue Devils in varsity action 5 scores to 0.

It will be interesting to see how the Eagles respond at home thursday vs. Clinton. The Eagles have not beaten the Dragons in recent years, but early reports indicate the Dragons are not as strong as usual. Any Dragon MS fans on here with some pre-game info?

IN an 8-8 tie? Oneida's varsity scored, Jacksboro's didn't. The Jacksboro jv scored on Oneida's jv, I didn't know jv scores evened things up. Jacksboro only crossed midfield once I believe against the varsity at Oneida.

Oneida beat Whitley City Ky 42-6

Huntsville beat Burchfield 36-6

Fairview, dunno

Robbins had one Tuesday that got called off for a flash flood.

Guest bigredmachine
Fairview plays Robbins thursday sept. 2nd and i think it will be a good game cause spencer chambers is prob one of the fastest kids in that district and that boy from robbins is good too so it will be a battle of the back fields

IN an 8-8 tie?  Oneida's varsity scored, Jacksboro's didn't.  The Jacksboro jv scored on Oneida's jv, I didn't know jv scores evened things up.  Jacksboro only crossed midfield once I believe against the varsity at Oneida.

Oneida beat Whitley City Ky 42-6

Huntsville beat Burchfield 36-6

Fairview, dunno

Robbins had one Tuesday that got called off for a flash flood.

825317821[/snapback]

I was told Wednesday that Fairview didn't play this week.

our middle school team has went to the dumps this year after loosing there head coach to go to training for deployment to iraq, last year we had an 8-1 record and a bowl game victory, and this year we have already lost both games bad.....is there any help for us? I hope these kids gets there spirit back and starts winning again soon.

LMS-LA High School

New week guys, Oneida beat Jellico 8 - 6 in a close one . How did the other northern division teams fair this week?????????????????? :rolleyes:

825325224[/snapback]

The Jacksboro Eagles dropped their home opener to the Clinton Hawks by a score of 6-0. As the score indicates, neither team posed an offensive threat until late in the game when a Hawk caught a rebound pass that was intended for another receiver and scooted down the sideline inside the 10. Even then, the Eagle defense held on downs, but could not punch it out of the shadow of their goal line. After a punt to the 34 yd line, on 3rd and 8, the Hazelhurst (?) broke free for the only TD of the game with a little over 2 minutes left in the game.

The Eagles are now 0-1 in district and 0-2 overall. The play at OR Jefferson next week and have to deal with RB DeMarcus Rogers. :huh:

Huntsville beat Wartburg 12-8. I think it went down to the wire as Huntsville fell on one in the endzone for a touchback.

Robbins beat Fairview 12-0.

Oneida 8 Jellico 6....hmmm....... next week will be a looooooong night for the Indians when the Bears come to pillage the village!

Edited by CrushMonster