• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the White County Middle School Warriors, players and coaches

on a perfect 10-0 season and 4-0 JV season. Now its up to all White County

fans to encourage these guys to try and keep them in the program!! There are

25-30 8th graders compared to mabe 5 Seniors lets see if we can improve

those numbers. thumb

I talked with Johnny Bruce about this and he said both teams (Coalfield and CAK) knew the game was not to count. CAK, by mistake, had an asst. coach that didn't know this and turned in a 6-2 record instead of 5-2. Coalfield turned in a 4-3 record.

If the proper records where turned in, there would have been no controversy.

I don't think anyone should blame Midway for challenging this because they were in the right.

I don't think Coalfield is mad. I talked with Coalfield AD Shawn Basler and he completely understands the ruling. He said the hardest thing is having to tell the kids, but in the end the correct ruling was made. I think that showed a lot of class from Mr. Basler.

If there is a bright side, hopefully, TMSAA will do a better job in the future of posting schedules and knowing the playoff scenarios before a situation like this happens again.

825387849[/snapback]

Speaking for most of the Coalfield Middle School parents and coaches, we certainly aren't mad, just disappointed. You're also right about Shawn Basler, he's a great athletic director. Good luck to all of the teams, but GO JACKETS!!! thumb

I really hate the fact that the Huntsville-Oneida middle school play-off game and the AC-Scott High game are being played basically at the same time, on the same night just a few miles apart. If I'm not mistaken, Huntsville at Oneida is at 7pm Thursday, while AC is at Scott 7:30 Thursday. I wouldhave liked to have been able to take in both games--as would many Scott countians, but....

TMSAA Large School C'Ship match-up:

North Anderson vs. Clinton

Tuesday, Novemeber 2nd

7pm

@ Oliver Springs

$5.00 admission

A few years ago (college days) I'd have a lot to say about this, but....I'm not real big on words anymore, just play. So....the only thing I will say about this is: We will show up to play next week!! Outside of that, I'm keeping quiet because I believe in letting our play do the talking!!

Hope to see everyone next Tuesday evening!!

Coach Stiltner

North Anderson