Fastest HS Football Player in the State

bigreid

You guys are killing me with these 4.3's and 4.4's and especially that 3.9.... Get a clue, no one in high school runs that fast. Deion Sanders was the faster pro athlete in the NFL and he only ran a 4.3. Tell me how all these highschoolers are running a tenth of  a second slower? 40 times are so overrated in high school. 90% of them are not legit!!!!

825315833[/snapback]

Correction Deion ran a sub 4.2 40 in his prime. Deion is now returning to the NFL and he was clocked TODAY at 4.38 on grass at age 37. Dante Stallworth is probably the fastest guy in the league now he ran right at a 4.20 40. Falcons rookie CB DeAngelo Hall was clocked right at 4.20 at one of the NFL combines. Former Titan Chris Sanders ran a 4.18 40 coming out of Ohio state where he still holds the 100 meter record. Tyrone Calico ran a 4.29 40 at one of the combines which pushed him from a projected 5 round pick to a projected 1st or 2nd round pick.

Coker is the real deal and is probably faster most players in the NFL. He has already proved he's the fastest guy in the state by winning the state championship as a junior. Coker definitly runs a 4.3 if not better.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coker is the fastest guy in this state and has proven it on the track. The rest is hype and if you find where all these 4.3 guys go to camp, you'll find a bunch of 4.65 guys. Sometimes slower.

Camp times are almost like running on a track. Some even bring their track shoes to run their 40's.

Was at UT's camp 3 years ago and the fastest 40 was 4.43, even with all those sub 4.3 guys there.

these guyz may be running these times but u gotta factor in they r running with no pads or nething on ...in football games these guys have on pads,in grass and a ball in there hands so they r slower but still sub 4.4 40's r fast but one of the fastestes guys ive ever seen is james rainard from alcoa in 2000 he was redicuolously fast ...he now runs track at etsu

A couple of years ago I saw a report saying only 5 guys in the history of the NFL had run true sub 4.3 40s. There may be a couple of more now (bigger, stronger, faster every year) but not too many more. Howard is supposed to have a guy that runs a 4.4 this year, the Chattanooga paper said South Pittsburg had a 4.4 guy too. Those are the two fastest I've read about around here.

Good post Indian. 40 times are overrated. Unless try are electronically timed they don't mean anything. You can not time someone, w/ a stopwatch, and get a accurate time. As a rule of thumb you can add a 1 to 1.5 sec to any high schoolers time that are not timed electronically. If you follow recruiting a lot, you see a lot of players when they get on campus and are timed they are not near as fast as they were in high school.

Stephen McBride from McMinn. From what I understand a 4.45 at a camp this summer. I know some of you are unimpressed with 40 times but at least giving one is better than the "I saw Billy Bob Jones last night and he looked reeeaaalllly fast!!! Gotta be the fastest in the state." Come on guys, back up responses with something. Back to McBride. The camp he ran this time at was in Nashville over the summer. From what I heard over 1,000 players there. He was the fastest of them all so 40 times don't matter. Also, he ran down Lavonte Barber from Cleveland last year easily. And Barber was a pretty fast trackster in his own right who carried his pads with ease.

At predraft combines and other NFL workouts three guys ran sub 4.2 40 times. Alexander Wright from auburn(wr), Deion Sanders and I want to say Bo Jackson.With the fastest time at 4.15. I haven't kept up with the draft in the last 4 or 5 years so there could be more. I also wonder what Darrell Green (cb) ran?

Coker from Antioch....UT commitment

825315435[/snapback]

Im not trying to ###### anybody off but 4.4 in high school is darn fast, 4.3 is pretty much a lie in high school unless your on a track with spikes maybe, but in grass 40 times are so hyped up and lied about until you actually have the watch in your hands timing it , nobody should believe it.

Im not trying to ###### anybody off  but 4.4 in high school is darn fast,  4.3 is pretty much a lie in high school unless your on a track with spikes maybe, but in grass 40 times are so hyped up and lied about until you actually have the watch in your hands timing it , nobody should believe it.

825318434[/snapback]

I agree. People are retarded when it comes to talking about how fast someone ran a 40. when someone is just out on the field running clocked by a stop watch then times are going to be much much faster. The last year i was in high school some athletic trainers came to our school with some high tech lasers to get the exact time. We were a pretty fast team (single A fast), and no one ran better than a 4.8.