DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

I agree,but Knox Central is right up there as well.

825326628[/snapback]

I would love to be able to argue with you on that one. But! It looks like Central is playing better football right now. Maryville has all the pieces for a great team. Maryville has a good quarterback,good running backs,good receivers,good field goal kicker,very good offensive line,good defensive front 7 and an athletic secondary. Maryville is making a ton of unforced errors. The Central game is still 7 weeks away. Hopefully Maryville can work out the kinks.

Oak Ridge and Dobyns Bennet are looking very good right now.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the OR Tailback this season? Any eye popping stats for the Wildcats early in the season? (Other than one sided scores, of course).

Is the awesome Defensive End back from last season? What was his number...it was 7 or 1. He has great size and is very fast.

Does the SHIP have a visitor's side? And, if so, how many fans will it hold? I bet it don't hold as many as the Indians bring to Atomic City. Your Mayor would do well to set up a toll road coming into town.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

well lets see wildcats put up 60 against clinton and just put up 70 against bradley....theres no doubt about it we are ready for tha injans..lamon who??? Duran who?? oak ridges pass rushing will have a good test...but im sure that the front four wont have a problem with gettin inside Fergusons comfort zones!!!

BRING IT!!!

GO CATS!!!

NOTE: I have a lot of respect for all the teams I am about to mention and wish them all success in the season.

CAUTION: This is a long post but I will say all I have to say until playoff time unless we do end up losing to DB. If that turns out to be the case I will post a very short congratulations post, admit to being wrong and having eaten a heaping helping crow.

The OR-DB is going to be a great game. Neither team has really been tested. I don't know who DB scrimmaged in pre-season. I do know Oak Ridge scrimmages were their best tests so far. And before any comments are made I know the games were in scrimmage format and for maryville fans we know you were missing some good players. The point is Maryville passed and Mo town ran. But I thought Oak Ridge defense looked to be in mid-season form.

This years Oak Ridge team is just that, a team. I have watched this group since their pee-wee boys club days. They cared and protected each other then and they still do today. That is one of those things that cant be taught, bought or made.

Just a side note that really has no bearing on the season but a fact I find impressive, the juniors that are starting this year (with exception to maybe three or four who saw a lot of varsity playing time last year.) haven't lost a game since their seventh grade year. That is to say they are un-defeated through the 8th grade, freshman year and JV last year.

Back to the topic of the post. DB will no doubt score some points, come well coached and ready to play. They have some increditable athletes and an awesome respectable fan base. Oak Ridge will simply be too much to handle. And I for one am not worried about the tradition that says whoever wins during the season loses in the playoffs.

I just think Oak Ridge will roll. They can set up the run with their passing and also the more taditional way of setting up the passing game with the run. They can throw to every eligible receiver and be successful. They can give the ball to every running back and have the possibility to break a big play. They are at least two deep at every running back position, with Gulmire leading the way.

And let me talk a little about what makes all that possible. The Offensive Line. Thats the blood and guts of this team and they are increditable with enough depth to keep fresh legs in the game without missing a beat. The O line has made it possible to put up 130 points in two games. That is an impressive stat even if they were playing Clinton and Bradleys JV teams.

Speaking of 130 points in two games I am sure we are going to be accused of running up the scores. I am not an advocate of doing that in any situation. The simple fact of those scores are that even with our third string and literally emptying the bench in the middle of the third quarter we were still able to score. You don't send kids out on the field and tell them not to do their best. I would hate to be the coach in those situations. Last year I think we struggled in games when the starters had to play the whole game for the simple reason they were pulled early so that we wouldn't run up the score. We missed the championship game last year in part because starters had only played the whole game once all year.

Ok Thats it.

Good Luck to DB and to their fans have a safe trip to and from the ship.