DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Woooo all that smack Oak Ridge talked about bein ready and bein too deep and DB not being able to hang,,, HAHAHAHA thats all i gotta say! yall got that booty whipped tonight baby the might tribe is the king of the east and thats final. Gulmire, you are a great player but you can't do it alone. Duran Duran Duran, Lamon, Darrell Hayes, Tyler Nottingham and company were just too much in the end and they showed the huge crowd what DB football is all about. Great job men..

TRIBE ALL DA WAY TO STATE!!!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did BigBadCat say he might get in the game earlier? All that smack and doesn't even start. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

BOY, you need to be quiet. Your mouth may have fired up DB that little bit extra they needed. I hate to be an adult slamming a child, but that's enough. I can't wait until the coaches figure out who you are. Oak Ridge is a class program. Help keep it that way.

I love the Lovers hate the haters. Oak Ridge is gonna roll tonight. I just couldn't make it till after the game to say something else. Oak Ridge is ready. The fans are ready. I just cant wait for kickoff. (WHEN) we win tonight we are gonne stroll into the playoffs un-defeated. Then 4 more games to the title. Riverdale better be takin notes right now. D-B is a good team but OR is stacked.......... deep. Yeah D-B has some really awesome talent and no doubt will score some points.  OR will simply control the clock and score more. 

Oak Ridge  36

D-B          27

825335443[/snapback]

Nice call chief.....

I didn't have to pay for a ticket but I sure felt like I owed somebody some money after that game! WOW. Two great teams, two great communities, one great rivalry is now all tied at 16 a piece.

The O line did a tremendous job and Duran and Co. took advantage. The Tribe defense found the answer after OR took it to them on several first half series.

Was it just me or did we get hosed on some calls by the officials in the 3rd quarter?

Gulmire is a tough kid. If they had a passing game to go along with him it would have been a long night. OR played well, but the Tribe reached down for a little more than even I thought they had tonight. This could be an interesting season.

When we go back in November, I highly recommend the "special" at Big Ed's. MMMMM HMMMM.

im not gonna lie....DB beat us.....but we beat ourselves also...Ferguson i have to give it up is a bad boy.  BUT...there is the hidden variables....not a region game....and oh yes please believe we will be seein ya in tha 3rd round ya heard me??? watch out for tha boy cuz this time....i might get in tha game a lil bit earlier...with ALOT more energy.....WATCH OUT YA HEARD ME

825336298[/snapback]

great game cats, we will see you again soon. lots of class in your fans and team. as for you big notsobad cat-holla if you can find yo teeth! can you dig that?

My previously published keys to victory were...

1. DB must be able to average about five yards per carry. We don't need to have 300 yards on the ground, but we must run for a nice yards/carry average. This will keep the OR defense honest.

Check. DB's eight-headed monster that is the ground game ran for a nice average. Peeler, Nottingham, Ferguson, etc. were able to run the ball well.

2. DB must protect Duran.

Check. DB's line kept the OR pass rush off Duran (almost) all-night. He had plenty of time to survey the field and find the open receivers.

3. DB's defense must limit OR's yardarge on 1st down - Keep OR in 2nd and long. We cant be looking at 2nd and 2 or 3rd and 1, else the defense will never get off the field. Force OR offense out of their comfort zone.

I only remember OR converting one third and long. There may have been more, but only one stands out in my mind.

4. Limit turnovers.

Turnover hurt both teams. DB turned the ball over in OR territory twice. OR had a int returned for TD by Purple Hayes. Also fumbled a punt return that was HUGE.

5. Continue to make plays on special teams.

DB's specialty team were must better that OR's. DB's punting was awesome.

A few thoughts on last night's classic...

DB's Ferguson was on. What a great game by the senior QB. Made plays all night. Never got rattled - cool as a cucumber in the pocket.

Lamon Williams is just too much for anyone to cover. He was open nearly all the time. Even when not open he gets the ball. Playmaker.

Peeler, Nottingham and the rest of the defense played tough and never gave up. Lesser teams would have folded under such pressure.

Guilmire is an Iron Man.

When was the last time the visiting team scored 48 at Blankenship Field?

Both teams had cramping problems. OR seemed worn out at the end.

Alot of the folks that were thinking that OR would win seem to forget that DB always plays well at Blankeship Field.

What a great game.

Duran Ferguson was 19 of 30 for 300 yards passing

3 passing touchdowns

10 carries for 46 yards rushing

Lamon Williams 5 catches 135 yards, and 2 Touchdowns

Dee Peeler 3 catches for 39 yards

David Earles 2 catches for 38 yards, and 1 Touchdown

What a night for the Tribe, It is good to hear that Oak Ridge fans showed class last night after taking a tough loss. It was a great game to listen to, wish I could have been there.

yes they are, adn the reason that someone from the Oak Ridge team was ejected last night was because he was getting choked out on the sidelines by a DB player, yes i said choked out, so the OR player retaliated by punching him in the throat, and as we all know the second one always gets caught and was promptly ejected from the game, not to say that all of DB played dirty at some time but i noticed on several occasions when DB players took some cheap shots at OR....#21 maybe

?