DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

yes they are, adn the reason that someone from the Oak Ridge team was ejected last night was because he was getting choked out on the sidelines by a DB player, yes i said choked out, so the OR player retaliated by punching him in the throat, and as we all know the second one always gets caught and was promptly ejected from the game, not to say that all of DB played dirty at some time but i noticed on several occasions when DB players took some cheap shots at OR....#21 maybe

?

825336520[/snapback]

if anybody was throwing cheap shots, i can almost assure you it wasnt #21

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duran Ferguson was 19 of 30 for 300 yards passing

3 passing touchdowns

10 carries for 46 yards rushing

Lamon Williams 5 catches 135 yards, and 2 Touchdowns

Dee Peeler 3 catches for 39 yards

David Earles 2 catches for 38 yards, and 1 Touchdown

What a night for the Tribe, It is good to hear that Oak Ridge fans showed class last night after taking a tough loss. It was a great game to listen to, wish I could have been there.

825336500[/snapback]

DuDu did tear it up, also when he runs the ball he's like a mack truck, it takes him a few seconds to get accelerated, but once he does you don't wanna step in fron of him, just ask that #13.

Lamon was just mossin' people, him taking that ball outta the d-backs hands was great, but it wasn't the first time i've seen him do that.

Dee was clutch, his catches and runs kept drives going, and on defense he ended some drives for the ridge.

And my boy Skearles was just scary, that touchdown was a thing of beauty, and the John Basedow??? that just sealed the victory

Hey ORPlaya429...

I seen some chokin' goin' on too. It was over on the OR sidelines by your head coach. He made awful 2nd half decison after OR went up by 5 @ 31-26. Maybe he was reaching all the way across the field to try and draw a flag or something. Cuase all night long, those Zebra'a made awful calls against DB.

OR was holding L Williams on numerous plays, nothing. OR Oline was holding (tackling) on several run plays to the outside, nothing called. DB runs a punt back, they throw a flag for blocking in the back, and he was straight on the shoulder.

Nobody in the crowd even noticed or knew about a OR player being ejected, cause that would have been the 1st thing that was called against OR all night long.

Where did ya'll get those zebra's anyway... ex-alumni? They tried there best to help out the wildcats. But the chop shop was choppin' all night long.

Chop Chop

Cosmo

yes they are, adn the reason that someone from the Oak Ridge team was ejected last night was because he was getting choked out on the sidelines by a DB player, yes i said choked out, so the OR player retaliated by punching him in the throat, and as we all know the second one always gets caught and was promptly ejected from the game, not to say that all of DB played dirty at some time but i noticed on several occasions when DB players took some cheap shots at OR....#21 maybe

?

825336520[/snapback]

Man you Oak Ridge people need to learn how to take a loss. Talking all that stuff before the game, then talking it after. You all lost fair and square, what was it, 17 points maybe? I watched the film, the boy who got ejected was mad and threw the punch because he was getting worked by db's offensive lineman saylers. There was no cheap shot there. The ones talking trash on the field? As for that you obviously didn't get on the field at all. The ones taking the cheap shots? are you blind? our shots were clean and obviously to much for you punk oak ridges players to handle. so why don't you keep your mouth quiet until you beat somebody better then bradley central.

Another one of Coach Clarks one liners in The Kingsport Times News this morning.

Talking about Cameron Tates punting in the game Clark said he went from a tater tart" to a "full tater" tonight.

Oh! and did everyone notice in the Times News, DB finally made the front page of the sports section. Up from the fifth page last week. Glad to see our city newspaper finally noticed there's a high school here.

I played in the game last night and there was nothing but CLASS on the field. DB is my favorite team to play with nobody even coming close. I hate losing but if im going to lose to anybody its DB. After plays you are getting congratulated by the players and shaking hands and you can just see the respect both sides have for eachother. I dont appreciate the few db fans that have said that we have no class because i feel if you talk to anybody that played last night on either side there is nothing but respect for both teams by both sides. It was an extremely well fought and hard hitting game by both sides and that is how everybody should remember it. And I am looking very forward to hopefully meeting these guys again because I think there is nothing better in life then playing an OR vs. DB game on a friday night.

Oh! and did everyone notice in the Times News, DB finally made the front page of the sports section. Up from the fifth page last week. Glad to see our city newspaper finally noticed there's a high school here.

825336689[/snapback]

Why would anyone expect the Times-News to cover Dobyns Bennett football? We are only the winningest program in the state.

Well, there is a nice 8 X 10 of Duran on the front of the KNS sports section. I remember that Adonis had a nice 8 X 10 when he ran wild in the Atomic City so many years ago. Check the link Ferguson makes big impact

Edited by rolltriberoll

Its was a great game last night i can barley talk from all the screaming i did it was a huge crowd for both teams i liked the ridge over there on the OR side ive never seen so many people at a db football game but i really enjoyed the game and i thought both teams had a lot of class and lots of respect for each other.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Okaay lets go ahead and close this one off, game was over last night. All I got to say is to all the DB fans saying that OR talked about winning before the game...obviously this is going to happen. I've never seen a team or coaches go into game stating, "Well, really this team is better and we will probably lose" because is they did that more than once they would probably be out of there real fast. And also something that is standard is the fact that fans from each side are going to put their spin on everything. DB says the officiating was bad, OR says there were cheap shots...this is football and it's always gonna be this way. But I don't think anyone would have it any other way. This was a great game, and could be another great game if it works out like last year...who knows?

Looks like the standard rule held true: with even matched teams whoever has least turnovers should win.

Good luck DB, but as always I'm OR 100%.