DB @ OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

A coupke of last thoughts from Big Reno.  I've heard a lot about how classy Oak Ridge is.  That may well be true, but let me point out a couple of things.

#1 (From Knox News Prep Extra stats) - Gulmire scores a TD against Bradley Central in the 4th Quarter when the score was already 63-0.  Why was he back in the game then??????

#2 Oak Ridge down by 17, yes 17, last night and they call Time Out with 5 seconds left, 4th down at midfield.  Hummmmm????

That doesn't sound like class to me.

825337080[/snapback]

I've missed you bigreno you hadnt posted on here in a while...... It just hasn't been the same

Edited by DRDB

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its a little early to be saying "State" for DB....still a long road ahead of them. And to say that that last night proved them the best team in east TN once and for all is ludicris. Might I remind you that the series is now tied and if both teams perform every friday night you'll be makin another trip to Blankenship. Both teams are behemoths and I hope DB keeps on thinking that they're in another league than OR because that may be their Achilles Heel next time around.

DB is a very good team but so is OR is too and you really can't tell a whole lot out of one game both teams are one of the top teams in the east and nobody likes having them on their scheldule(sp?) both teams are strong in almost all areas and one game can't say that one is better than the other unless they just got totally dominated and it didn't sound like that happened in this game

BigReno,

Don't make assumptions on the class of Oak Ridge when you were fed false information. Gulmire did not score in the 4th quarter at Bradley Central. The last touchdown was scored by Kevin Helton (a 10th grader who is at least 3rd team)from about 55 yards out. Gulmire was a spectator from early in the 3rd quarter. Who is to say about the time-out at the end of the game? Some would call that fighting to the end. Now, had the winning team called the time-out, that would show a lack of class.

I hope this information will help you re-evaluate your position on the class of Oak Ridge. Peace.