Alcoa Vs. WB

TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Alcoa may pull this one off because I think it's going to come down to defense and special teams. From the looks of WB's past 2 games they can't seem to stop anything or get anything going. They haven't adapted to the wing T and I don't think this week is going to be any different. WB is to impatient on offense. High scoring game but Alcoa pulls this off in a close one. thumb

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think william blount will come out on top. They have lost two games in a row they are due for one. Alcoa is a good football team but i don't see them beating a decent 5a school.

825327993[/snapback]

How dare you say such a thing!! So far, I haven't seen anything decect from WB! I know they've given up like 81 pts. in two games! Alcoa will score on them at will, but it should be a shoot out. Alcoa by 14 or more! thumb

As objective and honest as "The GovMan"--obviously a WB homer--can be in breaking down this game:

Records: Realistically, don't really mean much. Flip-flop the schedules and WB is 2 & 1; Alcoa is 0 & 2. Morale wise, Alcoa may have slight edge, cause 2 & 1 and coming off a win is better than 0 & 2 and coming off a loss. Edge: Alcoa

Skill Players: WB has no one any better than Alcoa's big 3 (Fiegler, Lindsey, Warren) but sheer number of playmakers...Walker, Osborne, Carson, Wall, Keener, Hicks, Borden, Hatcher, Paul, etc. makes this one a draw.

Depth: Although Alcoa showed great fortitude in the Maryville game, their lack of depth still showed against a bigger, stronger team. I believe WB shares the same advantage. Edge: WB

Special teams: Not sure how great Alcoa's kicker is, but Fiegler is as good of a punter as I've seen. Blount is still struggling in both areas, kicking and punting. Osborne is a dangerous return man, but Lankster (sp?) is at the same level. I'm gonna give the edge to Alcoa based on Fiegler. Edge: Alcoa

Location: Blount's at home, it's homecoming, and they've got this fan named Jason Tipton who lead a mean "DEEE-Fense" cheer. Edge: WB

Coaching: Two good coaches. Two good staffs. I think realistically though, you have to give the edge to Coach Meadows (more proven). I don't think anyone is going to "outwork" Coach Reid, but the same holds true with Scott and I think he gets even more dangerous when he's feeling a little backed into a corner. Edge: WB

Intangibles: Alcoa has the "David knocking off Goliath" mentality working for them. You know Coach Reid would love to come into WB and knock them off . But I know Meadows will challenge his young men this week. They're at home; it's homecoming; they're being counted out by a lot of people; and I already mentioned Jason Tipton. This one's a draw.

Overall, I pick William Blount (and yes I'm biased). You can throw your stones now, or you can wait until Saturday and check me out. It ought to be a great high school football game.

Alcoa should win this game guys and we all know it. That doesn't mean they will win. William Blount in losing has also put some points on the board. For the ones of you who have said this will be a shootout, I agree. This will be a track match for at least 2 quarters, maybe 3.

I think WB's offense might be able to pace Alcoa's for a couple of quarters. Alcoa's talent prevails in the 4th quarter though. If they'd had more depth, the Maryville game would have been much closer. :huh:

TNVol, your resentment and sour grapes show concerning Bart. Why can't you just wish the young man well?

First of all, there are no 'sour grapes' between me and hicks. We used to be boys, so I don't wish him any harm or wrong, but I do think that he is struggling meeting the high expectations.

Alcoa is well prepared for this game, as I am sure WB is too. Alcoa has been told that they are too small, not enough depth, choking in the clutch, etc. . .

They are equally prepared to make a rebuttal to these remarks. Coach Reid is obviously savoring the chance to go TO his old field, and to knock off the old team. I don't know if there is as bad of feeling from WB to Reid as there are from Alcoa to Meadows, but I know that there are a few folks over at WB that Reid has been itchin to show up.

Fiegler is ready to prove himself against a 5-A school. Warren, in his last primetime game (Maryville) did not get to play as well as he wanted, because of his calf injuries. He will readily be accepting the challenge against WB.

One thing that I do know, is there that is still a lot of bad blood between Alcoa players and Ronald. Between the trash talking, and 'traitor' status he has taken among Alcoa players, especially the veteran ones, I think he will find a few hungry linebackers waiting for him.

Alcoa by 14.

Well even though i am a maryville fan....i figure i might as well put my input on this one....i say alcoa by 10......Just too much offense with lindsey and warren and there defense needs some effort by a few players but i beieve alcoa could be very competitive in 2a.....Willie B.....well hate to say it but i dont believe this will be one of your alls finer years